Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
You Are Here: The United States controls much of the North American continent. The first major POD is when the US wins the Battle of Lundy's Lane and proceeds to occupy Quebec and Ontario. After the Battle, the United States eventually won the War.
So now, welcome to the Portal Page of You Are Here. This timeline explores what happens after the POD and the butterflies that follow and its effect on nations.
The USA took many, many steps to take over North America (although involuntarily, this is just what happened, since defeated countries slowly had bits and pieces of them added to the Union.)
Also, Empires still exist today, like the Russian Empire. Because of the non-existence of the USSR, several other nations did not become Communist, while Poland became the Communist world capital and was eventually divided between the US and Russia.
This is a live timeline that unfolds now.
Background and Basis of World
There are several PODs in this timeline. The first of these is when Nathaniel Hale is not captured by the British, and eventually convinces President Washington to create the American Agency for Espionage and Criminal Investigation (AAECI).
The ultimate major POD follows in Late November/Early December of 1812. A series of chain reactions carried about by Upper and Lower Canadian dissidents, American soldier-spies, and rebellious British soldiers and navy men results in the deaths of George Prevost, Isaac Brock, Roger H. Sheaffe, Gordon Drummond, Robert Ross, and Edward Pakenham are all killed in the fighting or in assassination in the span of ten days. The British scramble to find suitable replacements for the fallen. All of them were members of the AAECI.
The third is the Battle of Crysler's Farm (December of 1812), where America wins. Chasing the British northwards, at Crysler's Farm a British soldier cries that they should stop running in cowardliness. The British are forced to stay and fight, resulting in their loss. He too, was part of the AAECI, tricking the British.
Then there is a Battle of York (1813), which never happened in OTL. America wins here, occupying Upper Canada.
Later in 1814, the second major POD occurs. Lord Liverpool refuses to back down. He does not allow any peace treaties to be signed, so the morale of British soldiers lowers.
Merchants in places like Liverpool and Bristol are angered at this. They are paying wartime taxation and cannot trade with Americans. Many of them move to the French Empire to trade with Americans. Now the War is no longer a sideshow to the Napoleonic Wars. It is now a major drawback to the British War effort. Since British forces are no longer willing to fight, the US manages to occupy Lower Canada. The year is 1815.
Liverpool is elected out and is replaced by the Duke of Wellington, who insists that the British can crush the Americans if they try hard enough.
With the British putting a bit more effort into the Anglo-American War, Napoleon takes advantage of this. He takes his time planning the OTL Hundred Days' Campaign and manages to overthrow King Louis again. However, this time, the Coalition is less ready, and with Britain wrapped in North America, thinking Napoleon is gone, the Coalition is missing one member.
However, Britain is not so slow, and quickly joins the Eighth Coalition.
At the time of the OTL Battle of Waterloo, a good portion of the British forces are in North America. Another good portion is in Europe. The Ninth Coalition is continuously attacking Napoleon.
Six months later, when Napoleon shows up at Waterloo to inspect troops, he is forced to use these troops to attack the attacking Coalition members, whom they defeat using amazing battlefield tactics. After the Victory, Napoleon decides that this is the climax of the war.
The Emperor orders a complete jump-start to a naval program to challenge the Royal Navy (In this ATL he didn't blow out the Kingdom's Navy as in OTL.) He is filled with glee when he learns that Horatio Nelson is dead after suffering from a heart attack imposed on him when the Americans took the St. Lawrence River.
He jumped on this chance and completely invaded Britain and Prussia in 1817. They sued for peace, to which Napoleon agreed. President Monroe, however, prevented Napoleon from going off and taking over every single European country. He advised him that he ought to set up several smaller states, and that he ought to give Belgium independence. (Belgium would later defeat the Dutch, giving it the present day shape and borders.)
After that, the French Empire was just France and African colonies. It still exists today.
Today, America is the undisputed world ultrapower and master, with Russia a close second and the French Empire just a wee bit behind the Russians.
The special relationship between the US and UK in OTL is shared by the US and France.
The OTL American-French relationship is enjoyed by the US and Iberia.
There is a League of the Three Emperors, between Russia, France and Austria. The current respective Emperors are Alexander V, Joseph III and Karl III.
England is occupied, due to its being Fascist under Oswald Mosley after the British Civil War. The UK is Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
May 26, 2012: GERMANY REUNITED!: BERLIN, GERMANY: After more than sixty years of being disunited, the three Germanys are reunited today. The Wall of Germany, which formerly separated the West and North from the East, is taken down and overjoyed Germans are crossing throughout the nation. Elections for the new Germany's first government will be held on June 7, 2012/
May 8, 2012: AFGHAN WAR DONE: "OF COURSE, THERE'S NO AFGHANISTAN ANY MORE" IS WORLDWIDE RESPONSE: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN: Today the United Coalition defeats Afghanistan and it is split among the victors. The war was a direct cause of the May Day Attacks.
May 1: 2012: MAY DAY ATTACKS!
May 1, 2012: PUTIN RE-INAUGURATED: MOSCOW, RUSSIAN EMPIRE: Today the Tsar leaves the Imperial Mansion in Petrograd to attend the re-inauguration of President Vladimir Putin. Putin was previously President from 2000 to 2008, where Dmitry Medvedev succeeded him.
April 30, 2012: PM ELECTIONS HELD IN RUSSIA: MOSCOW, RUSSIAN EMPIRE: Today results show that the Nationalist Party ticket of Dmitry Medvedev and Gennady Zyuganov defeated the Conservative Ticket of Ivan Pavlovich and Alexei Alexeyov and several others. This is a double victory for the Nationalist Party, having won the Presidential Elections in March.
April 20, 2012: RUSSIAN SHIPS: OMSK, SIBERIA, RUSSIAN EMPIRE: Today, the Russian Empire launches seven new ships for the navy, including three aircraft carriers: the Nicholas (Nikolay), Alexander (Aleksander), Michael (Mikhail), Paul (Pavl), Peter (Pyotr), Constantine (Konstantine), and Sergei. Also built is a new space shuttle, the RIS Vladimir.
April 19, 2012: WIM AND EUP STAGE PROTESTS: WALES, UNITED KINGDOM; LONDON, ENGLAND: Today, the Welsh Independence Movement stages protests across Wales. Coinciding is a London protest by the English Unification Party, who wish for England to rejoin the UK.
April 17, 2012: CHINA DECLARES WAR ON FORMERLY UNRECOGNIZED CRT: BEIJING, CHINA: Today, the Republic of China declares war on the rump unrecognized nation of the Communist Republic of Tibet. Supreme General Xian Hausan and his son, Commodore Xian Niassaun are shot and killed by Chinese citizens in Lhasa.
April 16, 2012: CRT LAUNCHES MISSILE: LHASA, COMMUNIST REPUBLIC OF TIBET: Today, the unrecognized Communist Republic of Tibet launches its very first nuclear warhead. Chinese, Russian and American troops are immediately put on alert. Mughal India, the People's Republic of Bhutan, and Nepal are now in direct danger. The CRT has long been left alone in its small corner of the world along the border with Nepal, Bhutan, and India.
April 15, 2012: G-7 SENDS AID TO ANTILLES: OSLO, NORDIC UNION: From their headquarters in Oslo, Norway, the Nordic Union, the G7 decides to send more federal aid to Antilles, which has suffered a major earthquake in the beginning of January 2012.
April 14, 2012: EAST ASIA CO-PROSPERITY SPHERE MERGES WITH GREAT ASIAN TRADE BLOC: SOUTH TOKYO, SOUTH JAPAN: Today, the EACPS of China, North Japan, South Japan, Russia, Indochina, and Oceania merges with the GATB of India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, and Bhutan to create the Asian Prosperity Group.
April 13, 2012: THE KOREAS FIGHT FOR INDEPENDENCE: PYONGYANG, CHINA; SEOUL, SOUTH JAPAN; TOKYO, SOUTH JAPAN; BEIJING, CHINA: Today the Korean Independence Movement (flag shown above, last) holds protests in Beijing, Seoul, Pyongyang, and Tokyo. Ever since the Chinese defeat of Fascist North Korea, the KIP has worked to free not just the North, but also the South.
April 12, 2012: LONGTIME SENATOR TO RESIGN: WASHINGTON DC, USA: Today, Fidel Castro, the longest serving senator in the history of America, announces that he will resign soon, due to his health. Castro, Cuba's Democratic Senator for 52 years, was well loved by his people and known for bringing federal aid to the poor citizens of Cuba.
April 9, 2012: JINTAO DIES IN AIR CRASH: PACIFIC OCEAN: Hu Jintao, a famous Chinese businessman and entrepreneur, dies in a plane crash off the coast of Sunda, Oceania. All the other 137 people on board were killed. He was expected to land in Sunda at 6:15 EST this evening to discuss the incorporation of the Indochinese Petroleum Company into Greater East Asian Oil and Petroleum Inc, the corporation of which he was the CEO of. The Chinese and Oceanic government have both pledged to look into the crash.
April 7, 2012: INDIAN ELECTION PROVES ITSELF TO BE SURPRISING ONCE AGAIN: CALCUTTA, UFMRMI: The Senate Elections for Mughal India result in the Nationalist Party gaining 12 seats and the Freedom Party taking 17 from the Glory Party, as proven by results released from the Capital.April 6, 2012: TODAY ON THE TONIGHT SHOW ... MEHMED IX?: JAY LENO SHOW, AMERICA: Today, the Caliph of Islam appears to America...via the Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
April 5, 2012: NEW CALIPH IN: MECCA, OTTOMAN EMPIRE: Today, former deceased Caliph Osman VI is buried in Mecca while his son, Mehmed, ascends to the throne as Mehmed IX. President Obama visits Mecca, as do King Charles and Nicolas Sarkozy. Emperor Naruhito expresses his sincerity for the Turks. Emperor Akbar Shah IV also attends the funeral for his fellow Muslim.
April 4, 2012: CALIPH DIES IN MECCA: MECCA, OTTOMAN EMPIRE: Caliph Osman VI dies after his twenty year long fight with cancer. He will be buried tomorrow, when his son Mehmed ascends to the throne.
April 1, 2012: NADER'S JOKE: WASHINGTON, DC, USA: Vice President Ralph Nader emerges today and reveals to the Press that he is resigning. Later today, he returned from Vancouver and stated that it was an April Fool's Joke.
March 31, 2012: SOUTH AFRICA AND CAR PROPOSE UNAPD: 25px : PRETORIA, USA: The South African Union and Coastal African Republic propose a UN African Peacekeeping Division due to the Central Spring and other African recent activity.
March 30, 2012: TN TOWER REPAIRED AT LAST: TORONTO, ONTARIO, USA: Almost eleven years after 9/11, the TN (Toronto National) Tower has been finally repaired completely. The President, Governor of Ontario, Mayor of Toronto, King Charles, Tsar Alexander V, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, and President Vladimir Putin all attend.
March 27, 2012: JIN YOUZHI DIES: TAIPEI, TAIWAN: Jin Youzhi, the Pretender to the Qing Throne dies in Taiwan. The Republic of China agrees to have funeral services for him in Beijing and allow him to rest in Mainland Republic of China, as per his last will.
March 26, 2012: GEORGE LUCAS REVEALS TRAILER FOR "UNDERWORLD" SERIES: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, USA, STAR WARS CONVENTION: At a Star Wars convention, creator George Lucas reveals a trailer for the upcoming live-action TV series "Underworld."
March 25, 2012: SEVERAL NATIONS ATTEND ASCENSION TO THE CHRYSANTHEMUM THRONE: Several nations attend the Crowning of Emperor Naruhito of Japan, including King Charles, President Barack Obama, and the Caliph.
March 24, 2012: JAPANESE EMPEROR DIES: TOKYO, SOUTH JAPAN: Emperor Akihito of South Japan dies. The current cause of his untimely death is currently unknown. His body will lie in state in Tokyo for four days. Crown Prince Naruhito will accede to the throne this evening. The Japanese Succession Controversy is raised again. Most likely, Prince Hisahito will succeed his uncle unless the soon-to-be-Emperor has a son.
March 21, 2012: ALBERT II TAKES A VACATION IN LUXEMBOURG: LUXEMBOURG, BELGIUM: The King of Belgium leaves Brussels and takes a vacation in Luxembourg, taking the Royal Family with him. Some think this is his escape ticket to disappear from public life and "die," leaving everything to his son.
March 19, 2012: KING CHARLES MAKES STATE VISIT TO ISTANBUL: King Charles of the UK visits the Ottoman Empire on a state visit. He states that the UK and the Ottomans will finally start mending relations after long-time animosity.
March 18, 2012: JON HUNTSMAN, JR. DROPS OUT OF REPUBLICAN RACE: SEATTLE, WASHINGTON: While in Seattle, Jon Huntsman, Jr. announces that he will no longer seek the Republican Nomination for President, saying that he cannot stand up to stronger Republican contestants like Rick Santorum, Mitt Romney, and Marco Rubio. He throws all of his support behind Stephen Harper of the Northern Conservative Party.
March 17, 2012: NORTH AND SOUTH JAPAN BEGIN DISCUSSING REUNION: TOKYO, SOUTH JAPAN: Emperor Akihito of South Japan and the Russian Governors of North Japan meet in Tokyo to discuss reunion under South Japan and the independence of the Japanese Korean territory and the Chinese North Korean territory to form one nation. This is a milestone in East Asian history.
March 16, 2012: STEPHEN HARPER WINS CANADIAN NOMINATION: VICTORIA, VANCOUVER: Governor Stephen Harper of Ontario wins the nomination for the Northern Conservative Party and resigns from his position as Governor. He starts a tour of the US, starting in Anchorage, Alaska. The Lieutenant Governor takes Harper's former position.
March 15, 2012: MEXICO CITY HOLDS 9/11 MEMORIALS: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO, USA: In Mexico City, the capital of Mexico state, a 9/11 memorial is held at this odd time of year. The Great Tower of Mexico is commemorated at the site where the plane crashed into it.
March 14, 2012: UN PERMANENT SECURITY COUNCIL ANNOUNCES RE-ARRANGEMENT: The UN announces the that Security Council will have a new section of Permanent Security Council Members, although they will not have the veto power. These nations are West, North, and East Germany, North and South Poland, the Two Japans, Belgium, and the Iberian Kingdom.
March 13, 2012: SOUTH AMERICAN UNION AND GRANADA ANNOUNCE SOUTH AMERICAN FREE TRADE AGREEMENT BUENOS AIRES, SOUTH AMERICAN UNION: The SAU and the Federal Republic of Granada announce the SAFTA. Other South American nations are encouraged to join, as well as the USA through its Guyana Territory.
- 1812: During the First Anglo-American War, President James Madison sends soldiers to Lundy's Lane to fight the British to capture Canada. When they get there, they defeat them heavily and take over the Fort there, since the British are unprepared.
- 1812: From Lundy's Lane, American troops swing around and go towards Crysler's Farm, where several losses occur on both sides, although the British surrender, due to the cold weather and lack of shoes.
- December 6, 1812: George Prevost, Isaac Brock, and Roger H. Sheaffe are all assassinated.
- December 7, 1812: Gordon Drummond, Robert Ross, and Edward Pakenham are shot by Upper and Lower Canadian dissidents. The British scramble to find replacements for the six men.
- 1813: American troops head North to York, the Capital of Upper Canada and besiege the city. At the end of the season, the British, hungry, and tired, surrender to victorious American troops.
- 1814: Burning of Michillimackinac occurs. The British burn the Fort of Michillimackinac. Rumors were given that the British intended to burn New York City, Washington or Boston. However, the US had control of the St. Lawrence and the Atlantic Seaboard.
- 1815: Lord Liverpool continues to fight on, even after it is proven that the British are losing. He is elected out of office. The Duke of Wellington replaces him.
- 1817: The Mughals defeat the British in the first Mughal-British War, also known as the Indian War.
- 1936: The Fascists under Oswald Mosley make a declaration of opposition against Neville Chamberlain and his government in the United Kingdom. The British Civil War starts.
- 1938: Oswald Mosley and the Fascists are victorious. England becomes the Fascist Union of England, while Scotland and Wales become the United Kingdom of Great Britain, consisting of the two. Ireland joins them later in the year. England retains all colonial possessions.
- 1939: World War II starts following the assassination of King Edward VIII of the United Kingdom by English terrorists and the subsequent invasion of Belgium by Germany. England, Germany, Italy, and Japan battle the United States, Spain, France, and Russia.
- 1945: The United States develops the nuclear bomb. Two are dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The Japanese surrender.
- 1946: Faced with the power of the Allies, the Axis Powers of England, Germany and Italy surrender. Hitler commits suicide, Oswald Mosley flees, and Mussolini is executed. Cold War starts between USA and Russia.
- 1947: English Dispute: King George VI wants England to rejoin the UK, but France, America, Spain, and Russia want it to be an occupation zone. The Allies wins, because France states that the UK remained neutral in WWII.
- 1948: The Allies finally finish taking down the English Colonies. The USA takes all North American possessions. France, America, and Russia divide Australia. All African colonies are either added to the French ones, given independence, turned into puppet states, or ceded to Russia. India is given independence.
- 1949: Mughal Democratic Reforms in India. India makes several democratic reforms. All citizens are given the right to vote for the President and the Senate. Three parties are established: the Freedom, Nationalist and Glory Parties begin to dominate Indian politics. The Nation is renamed to the United Federation of the Muslim Republic of the Mughals and the Indians. A powerless "Shah" rules over the country, although the President has all the real power.
- 1960: Fidel Castro is elected as the Democratic Senator of Cuba, a title which he holds to this day. He sides with President John F. Kennedy on putting more funding.
- 1961: Fidel Castro becomes a major proponent in the NASA Funding Act, which is passed due to his efforts.
- 1971: East Pakistan fights for independence from West Pakistan. The rebels win, establishing Bangladesh, or the Bengali Nation as translated from Bengali.
- 1989: Russian Empire introduces Democratic Reforms, including a President, Premier and several other things, effectively ending the Cold War between Democracy and Imperialism, although the Cold War still goes on, albeit on a friendlier rate.
This is a reconstructed version of an earlier timeline of the same name that can be found in the history.