Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| This 1983: Doomsday page is obsolete.|
Xutos & Pontapés are a portuguese rock band formed in Setúbal, in former Portugal and what is now known as the Portugal .The band consists of Zé Pedro (rhythm guitar); Kalú (drums and support vocals); Tim (bass guitar and vocals); João Cabeleira (solo guitar) and Gui (support vocals and Sax).
The band formed in Setúbal in 1978, four years after the Carnation Revolution restored most freedoms to the country. They started off in the local punk rock scene and set the trend – singing rock tunes in Portuguese.
In 13th January 1979, X&P makes his first concert for the anniversary of Rock and Roll (25 years).
In 1982, the 1st album of X&P is made (78/82).
All the X&P members survived to the Doomsday because they are in a concert in Azores.
With very deaths in Portugal, Tim helped the provisional government during the 80s.
In 1994, is given to Tim a medal because of the help in the 80s.
In 1985, X&P made the 2nd album, Cerco, the money of the album reverts to the victims of the Doomsday in Lusophony.
The great success of X&P starts in 1987 and ends in 1990, the album Circo das Feras makes very money and X&P becomes very popular.
In the 90s, the band start to break, but the guys continue to make albuns (Gritos Mudos, Dizer não de Vez, Direito ao Deserto, Dados Viciados and Tentação).
In 2005, they become very popular in The World, with they tour to Europe and Ex-USA (Mundo ao Contrário Tour).
In 2009, The League of Nations gives a medal to Tim, for services given to the victims of the Doomsday.
- 78/82 - 1982
- Cerco - 1985
- Circo de Feras - 1987
- 88 - 1988
- Ao Vivo - 1988
- Gritos Mudos - 1990
- Dizer Não De Vez - 1992
- Direito ao Deserto - 1993
- Ao Vivo Na Antena 3 - 1995
- Dados Viciados - 1997
- Tentação - 1998
- 1º De Agosto No Rock Rendez-Vous - 2000
- XIII - 2001
- Sei Onde Tu Estás – Ao Vivo 2001 - 2002
- Nesta Cidade - 2003
- Mundo ao Contrário - 2004
- Ao Vivo no Pavilhão Atlântico (2005, DVD and Double Album)
- O Cerco continua - 2007
- Xutos & Pontapés - 2009
- Puro - 2014
- Filhos da Madrugada (With many other artists) - 1994
- Zé Pedro (1978 - Present) Rhythm Guitar
- Kalú (1978 - Present) Drums and Support Vocals
- Tim (1978 - Present) Vocals and Bass Guitar
- João Cabeleira (1983 - Present) Solo Guitar
- Gui (1984 - 1990, 2002 - Present) Sax and Support Vocals
- Zé Leonel (1978 - 1981) Vocals (died in 2011 with Liver Cancer)
- Francis (1981 - 1983) Guitar
- Ricardo Delgado (1981) Piano Key (invited by Zé Leonel
Top Ten Xutos & Pontapés songs
According to the major Portuguese newspaper (Diário de Notícias) The best songs of X&P are:
- "Contetores" - from Circo de Feras
- "Homem do Leme" - from Cerco
- "A Minha Casinha" - from 88
- "Circo de Feras" - from Circo de Feras
- "Ai Se Ele Cai" - from Mundo ao Contrário
- "À Minha Maneira" - from 88
- "Mundo ao Contrário" - from Mundo ao Contrário
- "De Madrugada" - from Puro
- "Sémen" - from 78/82
- "Mãe" - from 78/82