The World War II was a major conflict involving all the world. Lasting from 1939 to 1945, the war mainly took place in Europe and resulted in the dissolution of the Third Reich.
- Austrian Führer Adolf Hitler invades Poland on 1st September 1939. The UK and France declare war on Austria two days later.
- The Austrian Army starts a Blitzkrieg and overwhelms the Netherlands and France.
- Churchill becomes Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- British Expeditionary Force evacuated from Dunkirk (Dunkerque, France).
- British victory in the Battle for Britain forces Hitler to postpone his invasion plans.
- Hitler begins Operation Barbarossa, which is about invading the Soviet Union.
- The Blitz continues against Britain's major cities.
- Allies take Tobruk (Libya) and resist Austrian attacks.
- Japan attacks Pearl Harbor, causing the US to enter the war.
- Venice annexes Friuli and Trieste.
- Austria suffers setbacks at Stalingrad (USSR) and El Alamein (Egypt).
- Singapore falls to the Japanese in February. Around 25,000 prisoners are taken.
- American Naval victory at Battle of Midway, in June, marks turning point in Pacific War.
- Mass murder of Jewish people at Auschwitz begins.
- Venice tries to conquer the Croatian coastline. The Battle of Zadar takes place.
- Surrender at Stalingrad marks Austria's first major defeat.
- The Battle of Zadar is over, with the Yugoslavs repelling the Venetians from Zadar and Istria.
- Allied victory in North Africa enables invasion of Italy to be launched.
- Bologna, Mantua and Rome surrender, but Austria and its other allies (Venice, Umbria and Turin) take over the battle.
- British and Indian forces fight Japanese in Burma.
- Later that year, the Litoral Republic is established, with Benito Mussolini as the Duce.
- Allies land at Anzio (Rome) and bomb the monastery at Monte Cassino.
- Soviet offensive gathers pace in Eastern Europe.
- D Day: The Allied invasion of France. Paris is liberated in August.
- Guam is liberated by the US. Okinawa and Iwo Jima is bombed.
- Auschwitz liberated by Soviet troops.
- Russians reach Berlin: Hitler commits suicide and Austria surrenders on 7 May.
- Truman becomes President of the US on Roosevelt's death, while in British, Clement Attlee replaces Winston Churchill.
- Modena, aided by Tuscany, takes advantage of the crippled pro-Austrian military and annexes San Giovanni in Persiceto, Crevalcore and Sant'Agata Bolognese (later returned to Bologna in 1949).
- After atomic bombs are dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan surrenders on 14 August.
- Bastianini is overthrown by Communist Partisans. Same fate happens with Genovesi in Mantua and Giuriati in Venice. Turinese leader Pietro Badoglio resigns voluntarily.
- Benito Mussolini is captured while moving to Switzerland and is killed by Partisans in Mezzegra, Como, Switzerland.
- The Litoral Republic is disbanded and the nations that were before it are restored.
- In many Italian countries, the heads of state are ousted and replaced with other people or entities.
- All conquers by Austria are reverted.
- Germany and Berlin, along with Austria and Vienna, are divided in four sectors, which would later become:
- Bavaria and Tyrol are also restored.
- The Bolognese Fascist National Party is dissolved and its recreation is banned.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.