Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The World War II was a major conflict involving all the world. Lasting from 1939 to 1945, the war mainly took place in Europe and resulted in the dissolution of the Third Reich.
- Austrian Führer Adolf Hitler invades Poland on 1st September 1939. The UK and France declare war on Austria two days later.
- The Austrian Army starts a Blitzkrieg and overwhelms the Netherlands and France.
- Churchill becomes Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- British Expeditionary Force evacuated from Dunkirk (Dunkerque, France).
- British victory in the Battle for Britian forces Hitler to postpone his invasion plans.
- Hitler begins Operation Barbarossa, which is about invading the Soviet Union.
- The Blitz continues against Britain's major cities.
- Allies take Tobruk (Libya) and resist Austrian attacks.
- Japan attacks Pearl Harbor, causing the US to enter the war.
- Venice annexes Friuli and Trieste.
- Austria suffers setbacks at Stalingrad (USSR) and El Alamein (Egypt).
- Singapore falls to the Japanese in February. Around 25,000 prisoners are taken.
- American Naval victory at Battle of Midway, in June, marks turning point in Pacific War.
- Mass murder of Jewish people at Auschwitz begins.
- Venice tries to conquer the Croatian coastline. The Battle of Zadar takes place.
- Surrender at Stalingrad marks Austria's first major defeat.
- The Battle of Zadar is over, with the Yugoslavs repelling the Venetians from Zadar and Istria.
- Allied victory in North Africa enables invasion of Italy to be launched.
- Bologna, Mantua and Rome surrender, but Austria and its other allies (Venice, Umbria and Turin) take over the battle.
- British and Indian forces fight Japanese in Burma.
- Later that year, the Litoral Republic is established, with Benito Mussolini as the Duce.
- Allies land at Anzio (Rome) and bomb the monastery at Monte Cassino.
- Soviet offensive gathers pace in Eastern Europe.
- D Day: The Allied invasion of France. Paris is liberated in August.
- Guam is liberated by the US. Okinawa and Iwo Jima is bombed.
- Auschwitz liberated by Soviet troops.
- Russians reach Berlin: Hitler commits suicide and Austria surrenders on 7 May.
- Truman becomes President of the US on Roosevelt's death, while in British, Clement Attlee replaces Winston Churchill.
- Modena, aided by Tuscany, takes advantage of the crippled pro-Austrian military and annexes San Giovanni in Persiceto, Crevalcore and Sant'Agata Bolognese (later returned to Bologna in 1949).
- After atomic bombs are dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan surrenders on 14 August.
- Bastianini is overthrown by Communist Partisans. Same fate happens with Genovesi in Mantua and Giuriati in Venice. Turinese leader Pietro Badoglio resigns voluntarily.
- Benito Mussolini is captured while moving to Switzerland and is killed by Partisans in Mezzegra, Como, Switzerland.
- The Litoral Republic is disbanded and the nations that were before it are restored.
- In many Italian countries, the heads of state are ousted and replaced with other people or entities.
- All conquers by Austria are reverted.
- Germany and Berlin, along with Austria and Vienna, are divided in four sectors, which would later become:
- Bavaria and Tyrol are also restored.
- The Bolognese Fascist National Party is dissolved and its recreation is banned.