The Most Serene Republic of Venice is a survivor state located in the ex-region of Friuli Venezia-Giulia and Veneto, it also have the Istria after a war with Croatia and Slovenia.
The Most Serene Republic Is Reborn
On the 10th of July, 1965, the ex-President of the region Angelo Tomelleri was elected new Doge of the Republic, by a newly erected Senate of the Republic. The Doge proceeded to create the Venetian Armed Forces. Some patrols came into contact with the ex-region Friuli-Venezia Giulia. Tomellieri proposed a union with the Veneto. The Most Serene Republic of Venice was brought into official status on the 10th of July, 1965. A symbolic and religious ceremony was held in Palace Ducale, where the Doge's office and official residence it's. The Republic adopted the old flag and the coat of arms of the Republic of Venice, a symbol of Liberty and Justice for the Venetians.
Expeditions and Fear of the MafiaThe decade following 1980 was a time of stability and peace in Venice, though little was known about the surrounding countryside. Until a ship bearing the flag of the Republic of the Holy United Crown docked in the port of Venice. The crew convinced the Venetians they were friendly and a democratic state, successfully deceiving the Venetian Authorities. More ships came, claiming to be merchants, though they concealed a small invasion force below decks.
In the subsequent years the Republic has made contact with most of the European nations, by this day isn't recognized as a sovergin country by Slovenia and Croatia, who claimed the Istria and the west part of Slovenia as a part of ther countries. They have also installed military bases and settlements in Istria. Many Venetian politicians have plans to annex Istria which were under the banners of the Most Serene during it's Gold Era.
Bill of Venice
Formally and according to the Bill of Venice (Carta di Venezia) the governance is organized as such :
- Doge of the Republic, elected by the Senate, every ten years, the current Doge of the Republic is Angelo Tomellieri.
- Prime Minister, nominated by the Doge. The Prime Minister and their government is responsible for the administration of the Republic, the current prime minister is Luigi Tartari.
- The Prime Minister appointment his collegio, with the suggestions of the Doge and of the Major Council.
- The Doge cannot hold office in any other branch of power, and the office's salary and privileges are established by law.
- The Senate is a unicameral system and is the legislative body of Venice. It is composed of 100 deputies elected by direct universal suffrage every five years.
- The Major Council can proclaim and in special case vote the laws, they must be countersigned by the Doge and Prime Minister. Is composed by 50 members elected by the Senate.
- According to the Bill, any citizen that is fifty on the day of the election, and enjoys civil and political rights, can be elected Doge by the Senate.
- The Minor Council is the authoritarian body who supervising the actions of the Doge with power of Veto
- The Council of Ten is the supreme body of the Republic, with authority over all government actions. Elected by the Senate every year.
The political parties of the Senate of Venice are :
- Venetian Communist Party (Partito Comunista Veneziano) a anti-fascist party and a leftist party : 10/100
- Venetian Democratic Party (Partito Democratico Veneziano) a liberal and a rightist party : 75/100
- Venetian Nationalist Party (Partito Nazionalista Veneziano) a nationalist and a far-rightist party : 15/100
The Most Serene Republic of Venice is divided into three regions, 10 provinces and several communes, each of the region are administeated by a president of the region, who is elected by his citizens, the administrator of the province is the prefect and the commune are administrated by the Podestà, a meideval title for the mayor. The Istria is a authonomos region created in the 1970s, after the capture of the Istria and the western part of Slovenia in 1965, during the Yugoslavian war of indipendence.
Authonomos Region of Istria :
The Most Serene Republic of Venice has a mixed economy system. Though traditionally the Venetian economy has been dominated by agriculture and tourism. Education, banking service, security service, telecommunication, transport, health care, social security and access to cultural resources are under the control of the state.
The Venetian economy is based heavily on agriculture, naval industry, hydro-power and electric energy, light manufacture, viticulture, fishing and shipping.
The Venice is energy self-sufficient producing energy from hydro-power, nuclear and other form of energy.
Health care is free and accessible for all the citizens of the republic, funded by the state through general taxation and direct revenues collected by local health, through prescription charges and other chargeable services.
Schooling is required by law, and free, compulsory education is obligatory until the 15 years of age. The Venetian school system is divided into three stages of education :
- Primary education, which includes the kindergarten for three years and primary school, five-year.
- Secondary education, which includes the secondary school level (Middle school) for three years, and the secondary school of second degree (High school) of five-year duration.
- Higher education, including the universities, the higher education in art, music and dance and vocational training.
The city of Venice, Trieste, Gorizia, Pordenone, Udine, Padova, Treviso, Gorizia and Rovigo have some universities. Venice has an officially sanctioned military academy, and a officially sanctioned naval academy.
In the republic, the official news agency is the Agenzia Stampa Associata (ASA). The most read newspapers are the Corriere della Sera and the the Repubblica. There are no restrictions upon the press based on religion or other factors.The Radio Televisione (RA) is the property of the state. There are only a few private radio stations, though television and radio are fairly common and popular.
The Venetian Armed Forces (Forze Armate Veneziane) is a armed force made up of volunteers. All citizens of 17 years can serve in the Armed Forces for 12 months.
WeaponsThe Venetian Armed Forces are equipped with ex-Italian equipment such as BM-59 Beretta or M1 Garand, but since the presence of many base of the US Army and of the other NATO armed forces they have access also at assault rifles AR-10 and AR-15, Colt M1911 pistol and variants, and much other US equipment, after the war with Croatia and Slovenia they have take many AK47 and variants, and other equipment of the Yugoslavian Army
Armed Forces :
- Venetian Army (Esercito Veneziano) : 30,000 Military
- Venetian Navy (Marina Veneziana) : 40,000 Military
- Venetian Air Force (Aeronautica Veneziana) : 20,000 Military
Internal Security :
- Venetian Police (Polizia Veneziana ) : 10,000 Policemen