Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The uyezds of Alaska (Russian: уезды Аляски, uyezdy Alyaski) are the primary subdivisions of the governorates of the Alaskan Democratic Federative Republic. An uyezd is of Slavic origin and is loosely translated as "county" in English.
The Russian Empire was initially divided into uyezds. This changed under the rule of Peter the Great, in which uyezds became the subdivision of the newly established governorates and oblasts. No formal uyezds were established in Russian America until the 1840s. Prior to which, North America was divided into several administrative districts of the Russian-American Company. Following the Russian Revolution, Alaska continued to use uyezds, while the Soviet Union abandon them for raions.
The majority of Alaska's governorates are divided into uyezds. The only exceptions are the Queen Charlotte Islands and Vancouver Island, which are formally divided into English-based counties (which are politically no different from uyezds). By comparison, the uyezds of Alaska are equivalent to the counties of the United States, the municipalities of Mexico, and the contemporary raions of the Russian Federation (and many former republics of the Soviet Union).
List of Uyezds
- Arkatinsky Uyezd (Аркатинский уезд)
- Bobrovsky Uyezd (Бобровский уезд)
- Buldamsky Uyezd (Булдамский уезд)
- Chistoozyorny Uyezd (Чистоозёрный уезд)
- Dverechnoy Uyezd (Дверечной уезд)
- Evristichesky Uyezd (Эвристический уезд)
- Ferleysky Uyezd (Ферлейский уезд)
- Georgiyevsky Uyezd (Георгиевский уезд)
- Ivovy Uyezd (Ивовый уезд)
- Khevronsky Uyezd (Хевронский уезд)
- Klamatsky Uyezd (Кламатский уезд)
- Korusinsky Uyezd (Корусинский уезд)
- Krasnoobryvisty Uyezd (Краснообрывистый уезд)
- Kuskovsky Uyezd (Кусковский уезд)
- Nadyozhny Uyezd (Надёжный уезд)
- Napinsky Uyezd (Напинский уезд)
- Rafailovsky Uyezd (Рафаиловский уезд)
- Ross (Росс) — Independent City
- Rozovsky Uyezd (Розовский уезд)
- Schastlivy Uyezd (Счастливый уезд)
- Tainstvenny Uyezd (Таинственный уезд)
- Tekhaminsky Uyezd (Техаминский уезд)
- Tkachenkovsky Uyezd (Ткаченковский уезд)
- Troitsky Uyezd (Троицкий уезд)
- Udachny Uyezd (Удачный уезд)
- Vayrikinsky Uyezd (Вайрикинский уезд)
- Vilovy Uyezd (Виловый уезд)
- Vodopadny Uyezd (Водопадный уезд)
- Vysoky Uyezd (Высокий уезд)
- Yeleninsky Uyezd (Еленинский уезд)
- Yoloysky Uyezd (Йолойский уезд)
- Yukayinsky Uyezd (Юкайинский уезд)
- Zavalishinsky Uyezd (Завалишинский уезд)