Hello, Alternative Historians. I am CrimsonAssassin. As you would guess (or maybe didn't), I made my username on a video game involving sniping and the name stuck! I am a proud and enthusiastic participant in this community, especially in the Map Game community. I have created several map games myself, including the Battle for Earth games, which have multiple installments thus far.
I am very interested in history in general, though my main focuses are Roman, Medieval British, and American history. I also enjoy early human history. As one would guess, most of my ATLs are set in these eras. My main one, Celtica is set on a universe where the Romans withdrew from Britain for the most part after Boudica's revolt, which was much more successful in this TL. I aspire to be a history teacher.
Despite what the top two paragraphs say, I have a life. I'm an eighteen year old living in North Carolina. I enjoy Star Wars, zombies, and, of course, history. Science fiction is one of my favorite genres. In my spare time, I play video games, write, and read about history. I am a fan of the Green Bay Packers (I want to like the Carolina Panthers, but I just can't) and the Carolina Hurricanes. I don't give a rat's ass about basketball.
Well shit, I guess I don't have a life.
Political and Social IssuesEdit
My political views are not discussed at the dinner table. Of course, for those who feel the need to know what's going on inside my mind, I'll satisfy you. Keep in mind that this is US politics.
- Economy: Outsourcing is lazy. Cutting corners is never a good thing, especially when a lot of people do it.
- Gay Marriage: Marry who you want, for christsakes.
- Abortion: Have you ever had a McRib at McDonalds? Where does the meat come from?
- Gun Control: I could rant about this all day. Short version is that we were given guns in case we need to revolt when the government royally screws up.
- Welfare: If you don't contribute but can contribute, I don't want to pay for your shit. If you've had years of contributing, sure.
- Illegal Immigrants: Deport people to the wrong country.
- The Upper Class: DAMN THOSE PEOPLE WHO WORKED FOR THEIR MONEY!
- Middle Class: Hi. I like waffles.
- Lower Class: They feel sorry for themselves because they were too busy dicking around in high school.
- Global Warming: Yes, the planet's getting hotter. No, it is not our fault. Are you aware that Mars has gotten warmer by 2˚c since the '70s?
- Legalization of Marijuana: Despite the completely plausible theory at I am stoned off my ass when I say some of the things I say, I really say them because I think it's funny. At any rate, I'm for the megalization of larijuana as long as we can get a decent revenue from it.
- United States 'ignorant' stereotype: Stupid people exist everywhere. There are 300 million people in the US. The number of stupid people is higher than most countries. Also, in our current state in technology and communication, stupid people can easily access technology and spread their imbecile ideas around the world rather than keep to themselves.
- Middle East: So you're being a problem area again? At least it's nothing new. We should be used to these guys acting up. It's been happening for a very long time throughout history.
- Obama: Asshole
- Romney: Asshole
- Cats: Assholes
- Rednecks: Assholes
- Assholes: Assholes
Now that you've made it through my wildly inappropriate user page, let's discuss what I've done on this wiki.
Need to Contact Me?Edit
It occurs to me that people might want to communicate with me. I have no idea why and I kind of feel sorry for them, but they have their reasons. I've got a Skype profile that is usually active on the weekends and/or late at night. Just send a request to my Skype at oldspice1995. Please leave a message regarding your request to my talk page (just a head's-up message so I know who sent the message. Don't want random anons skyping me).