Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The United States presidential election of 2000 in OTL was a contest between Republican candidate George W. Bush, then-governor of Texas and son of former president George H. W. Bush (1989–1993), and Democratic candidate Al Gore, then-Vice President.
Bill Clinton, the incumbent President, was vacating the position after serving the maximum two terms allowed by the Twenty-second Amendment. Bush narrowly won the November 7 election, with 271 electoral votes to Gore's 266 (with one elector abstaining in the official tally).
The election was noteworthy for a controversy over the awarding of Florida's 25 electoral votes, the subsequent recount process in that state, and the unusual event of the winning candidate having received fewer popular votes than the runner-up. It was the closest election since 1876 and only the fourth election in which the electoral vote did not reflect the popular vote.
Alternate versions of the election have been discovered in the multiverse:
- United States Presidential Election, 2000 (Ecological United States)
- United States Presidential Election, 2000 (Florida Voted Blue)
- United States Presidential election, 2000 (Napoleon's World)
- United States Presidential Election, 2000 (PNIP)
- United States presidential election, 2000 (President McCain)
- United States Presidential Election, 2000 (President Ventura)
- United States presidential election, 2000 (PS-1)
- United States presidential election, 2000 (King of America)