Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
United Nordic Republics (English)Timeline: Principia Moderni III (Map Game)
Förenad Nordic Republiker (Swedish)
|Official languages||Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic and Norwegian|
|Ethnic groups||Swedes, Danes, Norwegians, Icelanders, Finns, Laplanders, Greenlanders, many more|
|-||President of the Nordic Commission||Hans Kuschek|
While the members of the UNR are free to do as they please, each member nation is kept in line by laws, statues, and the Alting of Scandinavian Nations.
The United Nordic Republics was founded in 1877 in the aftermath of the bloody Nordic Revolutions, when the citizens of Scandinavia overthrew the monarchy of the Scandinavian Empire in a bloody coup. After the war, urban parts of Scandinavia were in ruins. Illness and famine grew rampant, especially in the months following the war. To combat this growing issue, the governments of Scandinavia helped each other, though they were hesitant to unify under a common banner. Not wanting to recreate the Nordic Union, Denmark proposed the creation of a tight-knit confederation of states.
Norway and Finland opposed this idea, proposing a simple network of alliances instead. Iceland and Sweden proposed a hybrid of the two ideas: a politico-economic union that allowed the nations to help each other in times of need. The idea evolved into the United Norse Republics. Elections were held in 1877 for head of the Nordic Commission and the UNR was born.
- Pskov (Grand Union)- The Scandinavian Empire traded with Pskov for centuries before the Nordic Revolutions. Almost immediately afterwards, they renewed all treaties with the United Nordic Republics.
- Britannia- The UNR retains all alliances with Britain after the Nordic Revolutions.
- Croatia wishes to uphold all alliances they had with Scandinavia
- Roman Empire- The Nordic Revolutions weren't popular in Rome, so the alliance with the Roman Empire has not carried over. Nevertheless, they are interested in better relations as the situation progresses.
- Germany- The Scandinavian/German history was a bloody one. The Germans have backstabbed, invaded and otherwise engaged in aggressive actions with Scandinavia for some time. However, the people of the UNR wish to grow closer with the Germans. Only time will tell how the situation evolves.
- Reme- The most level-headed of the Borealian states. We wish to grow closer to them.
- Algonquia- The nation of Algonquia, guilty of genocide against Europeans, many of whom were Scandinavians, were contacted by Iceland in the hopes that Iceland could open trade with Algonquia once more. Algonquia responded by attempting to instigate native rebellions in Helluland. Further contact with this nation has only proven that they are arrogant, shortsighted, and potentially dangerous.
- Borealia- Iceland's attempts to contact the Borealian nations have largely been in vain. The fledgeling nation was met only by Borealia blindly following Algonquia by attempting to instigate rebellions in Helluland. Despite Iceland's insistence that they mean no threat to Borealia, the nation continues to believe a state of cold war is necessary.