The United Nations Venus Council (UNVC), also known simply as the Venus Council, is an organ of the United Nations which is charged with maintaining peace and ensuring the well being for the people and native life of planet Venus. The Venus Council was established as part of the Venus Treaty in 2000, becoming the first new organ to be established in the UN since its formation. Due to the interplanetary distances involved, the Venus Council often functions as a separate organization (solely handling many planetary functions which are divided into separate organs on Earth).
The United Nations Venus Council combines the same functions as the other principal organs of the United Nations (the Economic and Social Council, the General Assembly, the International Court of Justice, the Secretariat, and the Security Council), but these functions only function on the context of Venus law. The Venus Council was also structured similarly to the Trusteeship Council. Unlike the preexisting Venusian Forum, the Venus Council focuses on issues which deals with both Earth and Venus.
- Arabic: مجلس الزهرة الأمم المتحدة (Majlis al-zúhra al-ʾumam al-muttaḥida)
- Chinese: 联合国金星理事会 (Liánhéguó jīnxīng lǐshìhuì)
- English: United Nations Venus Council
- French: Conseil de Vénus des Nations unies
- German: Venusrat der Vereinten Nationen
- Japanese: 国際連合金星理事会 (Kokusai rengō kinsei rijikai)
- Russian: Совет Венеры Организации Объединённых Наций (Sovyet Venery Organizatsii Ob"yedinyonnykh Natsiy)
- Spanish: Consejo de Venus de las Naciones Unidas
Under the charter, the Venus Council includes the permanent membership of the independent nations of Venus, the Earth nations which possess settlements, and the five permanent members of the Security Council (which has become moot since all five have settlements). The council also includes an equal number of non-settlement nations of Earth (only to equal out the settler nations) to participate, and is rotated every few years. Once a settlement becomes independent, that Earth nation is removed from the council (which has happened several times since its formation).
- Independent Venusian nations
- Nova Britannia
- New Florida
- New Kamchatka
- Scientological State
- Settler nations
- New Zealand
- North Korea
- Soviet Union
- South Africa
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Former settler nations