UN Resolution 1: Partition of Mexico/Halt to Cuban/American War
Introduced by United States, will partition Mexico into three, Cuba, US, Britain for several years until elections can be held.
- Japan: Mexico should be an independent nation.
- United States: They will - in several years.
- Cuba: I agree, but I want the war over immediately and some money for reparations. Love, Cuba.
- Venezuela: I pull my 1,325 men out of my patch in the Yucatan Peninsula, but on one condition - It should be joined to Guatemala or formed into a largely Mayan nation of its own. I had planned elections in the municipalities I held for 1947.6.
- Campeche Province Protectorate (independence set for 1947.6).
- Quintana Roo Province protectorate (independence set for 1947).
- Soviet Union: I'm not sure why Britain is getting Mexican territory when they weren't involved in the war. The USA should get Baja California, and the Cubans can get a bit more of Southern Mexico, or we can establish an independent central Mexican State.
- Yugoslavia: They bought it from Japan in 1941.6.
- Japan: No they didn't, I pulled out totally.
- United States: Yes, why does Britain have Mexican land?
- Yugoslavia: this is the post from 1941.6 - United Kingdom: Mobilization continues. Cuba is offered aid in their war against Mexico and offer that all of Mexico except for Sonora, Chihuahua, and the two Baja States be annexed by Cuba while the four remaining provinces will be annexed by the UK. To try to avoid war however, the UK offers Japan six billion for the four states.
- Acually it was based on a land deal that was never officially concluded in 1941 due to the imminent México war. I assumed it was de facto annexed since it was not invaded by the USA or Cuba. Technically, it’s still Japanese.
- United States: Japan never agreed.
- Yugoslavia: then it's been a mistake this whole time and nobody cared until now.
- United States: Yeah, we were too lazy.
- Cuba needs more of Mexico. I don't know who cut us down to three counties, but we held our ground more than that.
- Canonisaty note- I screwed up the world map. British Mexico was in fact held by Japan. The maps can be re-done with different tint for the territory. Two references were made to a peace deal involving them, which could be change from "British" to "Japanese". It was never attacked or attacking so the war is not affected. Oxfordshire 1972
- UK: I want to set up my portion of Mexico as the West Mexican Republic or something of the like. DeanSims 14:13, September 17, 2011 (UTC) And by the way, how can we accurately choose Mexico's fate when its has had over three civil wars and several revolutions? It should be broken up into two or three new countries.
I agree, the Japs ignored it so long that the Brits might as well have it. UK/USA/Venezuela/Cuba.
A USA/Japan/UK/Venezuela/Cuba split?Oxfordshire 1972
- Campeche Province Protectorate and Quintana Roo Province protectorate vote.
- The Mayan Republic will be the product if the Mayan Front party wins. The others are a pro-Cuba, feminist, fascist and the (OTL Mexican) PRI/RPI party of our reality. PRI/RPI holds all the cards and will probably win. Results posted later.
- Yugoslavia: I agree with UK and Venezuela. It should be split into several nations for now. Maybe in 1960 let them vote to see if they want to become one nation again.
- Cuba needs more of Mexico. I don't know who cut us down to three counties, but we held our ground more than that.
- The Mayan election went ahead and the OTL PRI/RPI won it- see main AvA (r) page. Oxfordshire 1972 11:11, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
Venezuela proposes building anew railway linking railway from Cancun to Tuxtla Gutiérrez via San Francisco de Campeche, Mexico City, Guatemala City, Acapulco and Tabasco in one united network rail network that the locals can enjoy and flourish under. Cuba, Japan, The UK, Germany, China, Hindustan and the USA are invited to set a join board for the joint run line. Venezuela suggested it so they have a veto and the fledgling Mayan Republic is on the board.
UN Resolution 2: Ending of the Italian-Hindustani War
Introduced by Japan. This seeks to have a Status Quo Ante Bellum resolution to said war.
- Italy: I wonder if economic sanctions can be imposed on Hindustan, seeing to the fact the war was their fault and completely uncalled for?
- Hindustan: Our plan is to free it from occupation and the territory be given.
- Venezuela: We welcome the fact that the Somalis are being helped by Hindustan. If it’s a war of liberation then we have no problems.
- Hindustan: Is there even any other reason? Somalia has no worth in any natural resources. There will be a referendum on whether they want to join Ethiopia so there is a strong independent country in Africa or whether they want to become independent Somalia(land).
- Yugoslavia: They have several natural resource that any Industrial Nation would want. It mainly gemstones and salt, but they also have deposits of feldspar, gypsum, iron ore, kaolin, limestone, natural gas, quartz, silica sand, tantalum, tin, and uranium.
- Hindustan: Oh well, but I am pretty sure my mainland has enough and I will probably have a deal where they will supply all those to me for five years as a condition when they become independent.
- Venezuela: India and Pakistan have a lot of (OTL) coal, iron ore and natural gas of its own.
- Italy: Italy WILL ALSO give the Somali freedom, as we stated FAR BEFORE THE HINDUSTANI IMPERIALISTS DID. They are obviously trying to remove all Italian influence. They are also trying to turn the territories into Hindu territories, and Ethiopia has as least claim over Somalia or Eritrea than Italy has. So Hindustan's point is completely null and void, like everything their government says in this war.
- Hindustan: YOU said that they would be granted DOMINIONSHIP, NOT FULL INDEPENDENCE!!! If you think that we are trying to remove all Italian influence, then you are WRONG!! We are ready to stop the war right now with the present borders, with you getting to keep YOUR IMPERIAL SOMALIA!! DO YOU AGREE??!!
- Italy: OUR "Imperial Somalia"?! We weren't the ones trying to Hinduize our colonies and taking land WITHOUT ANY SENSE AT ALL! Also, this is the whole point of this resolution, if your government bothered to read.
- Hindustan: Well sorry, but WE are not taking Land without any sense at all!! They were under YOUR IMPERIALISTIC control and if you go to the main page you will see WHY WE ARE ATTACKING!!! Our government just understood Latin now as we have to already content with Hindi, Urdu, English and a whole load of other languages. SO THE WAR STOPPED NOW??!!
- Italy: Our control wasn't any more imperialistic than your main page. Also, why are you telling me your government officials understand a dead language now? What does that have to do with anything? You also have no reason for expanding in Africa now that our world is much more civilized.
- Hindustan: We are not expanding, we are liberating. And the dead language, well, I did not understand what it meant, happy?
- France: This has gotten way out of hand. Fed's right; there was no sense to the invasion whatsoever. Hindustan has no business in Italy's colonies.
- United States: Guys, sign your comments with your nation's name.
- Japan: If Hindustan wanted the Somalis to be independent they should have petitioned the United Nations, not invade and cause many deaths.
- United States: How about we have an ICJ case labeled as Hindustan vs. Italy?
- Yugoslavia: I agree with USA.
- Is this the UN or a playground brawl?
- Venezuela: I agree with the USA and Yugoslavs.
- We do not want to face war with the Soviet Union yet and we remove all troops from Somalia, leaving them to their fate.
UN Resolution #3: Declare the United States of America a terrorist state
Added by Japan. This resolution seeks to declare the USA as a terrorist state as proven by their past crimes against the nations of the world. If this passes it shall be the duty of every nation to help in the destruction of the USA. This has been proven by their unprovoked invasion of Mexico, their unprovoked attack on Cuba, their threatening of other nations with use of force, their unprovoked attack on the Japanese Honshu, and the ever present threat of the United States against all the nations of the world.
Soviet Union The Soviets veto this motion. Just because the Americans launched a totally legal attack, since I was at war with you and they are my ally, doesn't mean you can brand them a terrorist state. Besides that, the UN cannot force anyone to do anything.
UCSR: The Americans are terrorists. They have been bullying other nations into submission and they have defied UN resolutions. However, these warmongers have enough nukes to kill us all and will gladly use them. I think that we should kick them off of the Security Council. On a related note, they need to let Mexico be its on nation. ¡Viva México! ¡Viva la revolucion!
- Venezuela believes no one save for Argentina, Ireland, Sudan, Spain, Thailand and Austria can pontificate about war. Most of the pontificators are also waring nations.
Caribbean Union: Oh yes, I know. The US will rig the elections, veto or something. You greedy capitalists wouldn't know equal if it bit you in the ass!
UN Resolution #4: Demilitarization of Antarctica
Soviet Union. Noting the increased human presence in Antarctica, and wishing to prevent the conflicts of man from ravaging the previously untouched seventh continent, the Soviet Union proposes that Antarctica be placed under the jurisdiction of the United Nations, and that military forces of all types except for UN Peace Keepers be banned from Antarctica.
Austria: Austria comments saying that if you demilitarise something, you demilitarise it not take away everyone else's soldiers and replace them with other soldiers.
Soviet Union: We believe that there has been a misunderstanding over the resolution. This resolution would only allow UN Peacekeeping troops, who have top be deployed by a unanimous vote of the Security Council, to set foot on Antarctica. The Yugoslavian and Venezuelan troops are not being replaced, they are being removed, and the UN is being given the sole authority on Antarctica.
- Venezuela will only surrender its came south of 60° S, if everyone else does. Antarctic islands claimed north of 60° S are claimed outright.
UN Resolution #5: Regarding the preservation of biodiversity in the Falkland Islands
- Noting the rich and unique ecosystem of the Falkland Islands,
- Also Noting that the former UK, now known as the UASR, may become involved in military conflict in the near future,
- Concerned that such a conflict could possibly lead to a nuclear confrontation,
- Aware that, as a British territory, the Falkland Islands could possibly become a target,
- Strongly concerned that such a confrontation could endanger or make extinct much of the Flora and Fauna of the Falkland Islands,
- Realising that, if held by a neutral, close-by nation, there would be no possibility of the Islands being nuked,
Hereby Suggests that the Falkland Islands should be mandated by a neutral, peaceful, developed, nearby nation in the interim.
Soviet Union While Argentina claims to only preserve the biodiversity of the island, they totally ignore the wishes of the people there, who are very much loyal to Britain, and would not want to be ruled by the Argentinians.
Austria agrees that the people there do want to remain British and could even be called anti-Argentinian. The island should remain British however be turned into a neutral zone, where no military forces may be present including 50 miles or more offshore sea in this neutral zone would also help.
UN Resolution #6: Regarding the ownership of the Falkland Islands, Shag Rocks, Black Rocks and South Georgia
Venezuela:Oxfordshire 1972 19:37, October 9, 2011 (UTC)
It is to be noted that the Argentine Government has a long-standing claim to the Falkland Islands, Shag Rocks, Black Rocks and South Georgia, but that the citizens on the two inhabited islands (whose ancestors arrived about 150 years earlier) wish to remain British. Venezuela wishes to have a public plebiscite on the two inhabited islands to resolve the crisis once and for all.
- The plebiscite questions on the Falklands and South Georgia would be as follows-
- Full Independence
- A UN protectorate
- British rule
- Argentine rule
Both Shag Rocks and Black Rocks (who are scattered between the Falklands and South Georgia) are uninhabited save for wild life and would automatically be assumed to go whichever way the Falklands and South Georgia chose to right after the plebiscite is held.
- The Mayan Republic supports the idea of a democratic plebiscite, rather than an Anglo-Argentine war.
- Austria: Seconds the Mayan Republics statement.
- Soviet Union: When will the plebiscite be?
- Venezuela: 1958.0 - 1958.6.?
Venezuela would like to send a fact-finding body to Scandinavia to assess their post-war needs after 9½ years of horrific multiple atomic bombings. It is welcomed that the war-like SUMA/NUMA block has collapsed. They have not got the resources of the USSR which they first bombed. The may be subject to undue abuse or victimisation by the occupying Soviet forces, now that SUMA's/NUMA's war criminals have either died or fled. The geographic scope of the mission will be the whole of the countries run by Suma and Numa, plus The Soviet Republic of Karelia [], Leningrad city and Murmansk Oblast. (Now taken up by the Mayan Republic.)
The mission will investigate the following-
- Catalogue all SUMA war crimes and persecute the surviving war criminals.
- Catalogue the long term aid the Scandinavian need, such as anti-cancer drugs and permanent housing.
- Catalogue any intentional post-war Soviet abuses or miscarriages of justice towards Scandinavians and persecute the officials who did it.
- Catalogue the effects of radiation sickness for the common good of all mankind’s' doctors.
- Catalogue any intentional post-war Scandinavian abuses or miscarriages of justice towards the Soviets and persecute the officials who did it.
Austria also declares it will never produce Nuclear Weapons for the sole aim of destroying whole cities, the war in Scandinavia has shown what a large threat such attacks are as neither side survives.
Caribbean Union: SUMA does not deserve our help. Let it burn.
Soviet Union: The Scandinavian peoples are ever deserving of our help. It was their leaders who forced them into a pointless war. Nevertheless, we do not believe that UN intervention is necessary in this situation. we have it well under hand.
Venezuela Note that bad leaders do not make a bad people. Apparently Greenland did not get involved in the war, it was annexed by SUMA/NUMA on the same turn Le Cucusess quit and SUMA/NUMA collapsed.
Venezuela: Note the content of the Caracas TV war crimes report, March 2, 1958 (Axis vs. Allies)