Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ultra Mario Kart is in a lot of ways similar to OTL's Mariokart 64. The driving is similar, the games have identical character rosters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, Bowser, Toad, Donkey Kong), and most of the OTL stages appear in this game as they do IOTL, though with a few butterfly-altered changes, different shortcuts and the like. The power drift and mini-turbos introduced in Mario Kart 64 OTL also appear in this game. However, this game and Super Mario Kart have the same number of courses (20), with 14 courses from OTL and six entirely original courses. This game also features six Battle courses, with only two appearing from OTL and four original ones. The game also features a lot more voice samples from the individual characters, and even an announcer that commentates on position changes and item hits, which never appeared IOTL. The announcer's commentary is limited to short quips, which can be on the silly and overdramatic side (which lends this game very well to Youtube parodies in the future).
The list of courses appearing in this game are...
- Luigi Raceway
- Moo Moo Farm
- Koopa Troopa Beach
- Brickhouse Road (a course with lots of bricks and some mecha koopas wandering about)
- Kalamari Desert
- Toad's Turnpike
- Frosty Forest (different from Frappe Snowland, a lot more trees and it looks more like Alaskan wilderness)
- Reznor Fortress (another original course, sort of like Bowser's castle but with no lava, it looks like the fortresses from Super Mario World and there are Reznors)
- Choco Mountain
- Mario Raceway
- Wario Stadium
- Nimbus Hills (a cloud-filled land based on Nimbus Land from Super Mario RPG)
- Sherbet Land
- Royal Raceway
- Bowser's Castle
- Airborne Armada (a course based on the airship levels from SMB3)
- DK's Crystal Caves (instead of Jungle Parkway, there's this cave-based course filled with shimmering crystals)
- Yoshi Valley (the biggest change from an OTL course, this one's not a maze, it is winding and curvy and filled with rocks though)
- Banshee Boardwalk
- Rainbow Road
And the battle courses...
- Block Fort (from OTL)
- Skyscraper (from OTL)
Double Deck and Big Donut are removed. TTL's original battle courses are:
- The Arena (a caged-in circular arena)
- Peach's Castle (The interior of Princess Peach's castle)
- Field Maze (A giant outdoor maze)
- Demolition Derby (a big dirt-filled rectangular motocross arena