The Treaty of Zurich ended World War I and set the stage for the Second World War.
Under the provisions of the treaty France got Alsace-Lorraine from Germany, Serbia got Vojvodina and southern Bosnia from Austria. Montenegro got parts of southern Bosnia, while Romania got Transylvania. Denmark was also awarded a small portion of land bordering Germany which the Germans had taking in the 1870's.
The treaty also created the following European nations
- Austro-Germany Kingdom (Germany and Austria)
- Republic of Croatia (Croatia, Slovenia and northern Bosnia)
- Czech Republic (Bohemia and Moravia)
- Kingdom of Hungary (Hungary and Slovakia)
- Republic of Poland (Russian Poland, German Poland, and Galicia)
The Ottoman Empire was divided into six nations and three protectorates
- Republic of Armenia (Russian and Turkish Armenia)
- Kingdom of Iraq (western and southern Iraq)
- Republic of Kurdistan (northern Iraq and south-western Turkey)
- French Lebanon
- American Palestine
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- British Transjordan
- Republic of Turkey (western and central Turkey and Syria)
- Republic of Yemen
The German colonial empire was divided with America getting southern Tanzania, Namibia, the Solomon Islands, and Togo. The British got Northern Tanzania and German New Guinea. France got Cameroon.