Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Treaty of Versailles|
|Treaty of Peace between the Entente and Allied Powers|
| 28 June 1919|
Palace of Versailles, Versailles, France
| 10 January 1920|
Ratification by the Allies and three Principal Entente Powers.
|Signatories|| Allied Powers|
The Treaty of Versailles (French: le Traité de Versailles) was the major peace treaty that ended World War I. It officially ended the state of war between the Entente and the Allied Powers. It was signed on 28 June 1919, five years after the attack on the Austrian Imperial Council.
The following were some terms and restrictions on the Allied powers:
- Charges to former Emperors Wilhelm II of Prussia, Nicholas II of Russia and George V of the United Kingdom with supreme offense against international morality.
- Reparations from the three major Allies (UK, Prussia and Russia), totaling $31.4 billion (US $442 billion in 2012).
- The naval forces of the Allies (the United Kingdom in particular) would be limited to 1/3 of the French navy.
- The import and export of weapons is prohibited.
- Poison gas, armed aircraft, tanks and armoured cars are prohibited.
- Blockades on ships are prohibited.
- Restrictions on the manufacture of machine guns and rifles.
- Russia (later the Soviet Union) would lose all influence in the Balkan States.
- Newly formed European states (see below) of Baltica, Poland and Ireland would be under Entente protection, and any act of aggression would result in war.
- Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Alaska, Poland, Ireland and the Baltic States were granted full independence from their empires.
- Poland was carved of Prussian, Russian and Austrian territory, as they had all had equally lost the Eastern Front.
- The German Confederation is officially united from the German States, Bavaria and later Hanover.
- Saxony is united into Prussia, after the Prussian Revolution.
- Montenegro would be annexed to the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and Serbia would become Austria's puppet state.
- In Africa, France gained Prussian Kamerun and Togoland from Prussia, along with the Gold Coast and British Nigeria from Great Britain.
- The Ottoman Empire gained Cyprus, the Aden Protectorate, the Trucial States, territory for Tripolitania, and partial sovereignty over Egypt and Oman.
- Japan was given Prussian New Guinea and territorial possessions in Sakhalin. Japan was also granted influence over Manchukuo as a puppet state.
- Colombia would gain territory in Guyana. Guyana would stay a dominion of the United Kingdom.
- more to come
Creation of international organizations
Consequences of the treaty