Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Treaty of Peace between the Central and Associated Powers and Japan|
|Signed||February 22, 1917|
|Location||Simpsonhafen, German New Guinea|
|Effective||March 1, 1917|
|Languages||German, Japanese, Italian|
- Japan gains control of all of Sakhalin Island (the Russian part had been acquired by Germany in the Treaty of Charlottenburg)
- Germany regains control of German Samoa and German New Guinea
- Japan gains control of the port of Tsingtao in China
- All signatories agreed to not block access to sea for any body of water, not including rivers within a country.
- The Central Powers agreed not to tax Japan for use of the Suez Canal
The treaty was the only one in which the Central Powers lost as much as, if not more, than they gained. This, coupled with changing of the balance of power in Europe, allowed Japan to become a major power on the world stage.