Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Treaty of Sapporo|
札幌条約 Sapporo Jōyaku (Japanese)
|Treaty of Peace between the Empire of Japan and the Kingdom of Great Joseon|
|Type of treaty||Peace Treaty|
| 3rd March 1813|
|Effective||3rd April 1813|
|Signatories|| Empire of Japan|
Kingdom of Great Joseon
The Treaty of Sapporo is the peace agreement settling the result of the war between Japan and the Kingdom of Great Joseon.
Article I — General Terms
- All hostilities between the Kingdom of Great Joseon and the Empire of Japan shall cease.
Article II — Political Changes
- The Kingdom of Great Joseon will be dissolved, and replaced with a Korean Empire.
- The King of Joseon shall relinquish his royal title and renounce his royal status as well as that of his family. His Most Imperial Majesty the Emperor of Japan shall be designated as his successor.
- The King of Joseon and his family shall be exiled indefinitely from Korea. The former Royal Family of Korea may not return to Korea until explicit permission is given from the Government of the Empire of Japan.
- All members of the Royal Government of Korea will be appointed by His Most Imperial and Exquisite Excellency the Shogun of the Empire of Japan.
Article III — Territorial Changes
- All territorial gains and losses by Japan and Korea shall be reverted to what it was before the war.
- As stated in Article II, the Kingdom of Great Joseon will be dissolved and replaced with a Korean Empire.
- Honda Yoshihiro, Foreign Minister of the Empire of Japan
- Chae Jegong, Yeonguijeong of the Kingdom of Great Joseon
March 3, 1813