Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Treaty of Rome|
|Type of treaty||Peace treaty|
| 10 July 1514|
|Signatories|| Spanish Empire|
The Treaty of Rome (Latin: Tractatus de Romano; Spanish: Tratado de Roma) was the peace treaty that ended the Ottoman-Italian Wars. The treaty saw the official surrender of the Ottomans in the Italian peninsula, and the expulsion of all Turks (except those who would willingly convert to Christianity). The treaty also changed the borders in Italy after the Ottoman territories were liberated.
Terms of the treaty
- The Ottoman Empire ends all hostilities in Italy and surrenders all of its remaining claims. As well, all Muslim Turks are expelled from the peninsula and forced to return to the Empire, unless they willingly convert or have converted to Christianity.
- The Eyalet of Napoli is returned to Spain as Naples. The islands of Sardinia and Sicily are also united into the Kingdom.
- Portions of the former Papal States are governed as the territory of Latium, under Spanish sovereignty.
- Venice's gains of Ferrara, Bologna, and Romagna are recognized, and Venice gains influence in Mantova and Modena.
- Florence gains the Duchy of Urbino as well as Perugia.
- France gains influence in Savoy and Milan.