The Treaty of Reykjavik was (hopefully) signed between the United Norse Republics and Borealia and Algonquia to end the Winter War and resolve the long-term tensions between them dating back to the Nehilaw War.
- A land exchange will be conducted between the UNR and Algonquia, whereby the UNR receives territory in the former Arcadia and on the Hudson Bay coast, while Borealia and Algonquia receive western Helluland.
- Algonquia shall agree to respect its European populations' rights, while the UNR shall do the same for the Inuit, Na-Dene, and other native populations within its territory.
- Both sides shall agree to a twenty-year NAP.
- Both sides shall guarantee each other's borders.
- Algonquia -- Shikata ga nai! 23:45, May 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Borealia -- Nathan1123 (talk)
- Iceland -- Crim de la Crème 02:55, May 31, 2015 (UTC)
Quick thing: Nova Scotia isn't Algonquia's. Also, I'd like to propose a 50-year peace treaty and some incentives for Icelanders and Borealians/Algonquia to get trading and get along better. Crim de la Crème
It is, actually, at least in some sense. After I put down the Arcadian revolts, I signed this treaty with them: Treaty of New Oxford (Principia Moderni III Map Game), meaning I can give it away at my discretion. If you don't want it, that's cool, too. Shikata ga nai! 11:00, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
Sat wasn't happy about that, so I'll let him keep that. I would like to request that, in lieu of Nova Scotia, Strombek/Kunglingsfjell (basically Quebec City and Montreal) and some territory along the St Lawrence is ceded. Crim de la Crème 17:10, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
Sorry, but no. It's an unbalanced exchange as is - the territory you're getting is way wealthier than what you're losing. Maybe other land, but not the St Lawrence. Shikata ga nai! 17:27, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
I'm not giving you the capability to strangle my entire nation's trade and cut me off from the Atlantic. Those cities would give you effective control of the St Lawrence. Shikata ga nai! 11:52, May 30, 2015 (UTC)