|Treaty of Räpina|
|The Treaty of Peace, Mutual Colonial Understanding, Trade, and Cooperation between the Republic of Pskov and the Duchy of Livonia|
|Type of treaty||Peace Treaty, Vassalage Contract|
| January 1, 1612|
|Effective||January 1, 1612|
|Signatories|| Knyaz Erikas I Vaalgamaast, |
Hercog Jaagup I Vaalgamaast
|Parties|| Republic of Pskov, |
Duchy of Livonia
|Depositary||Imperial Mint of Riga, Livonia|
Pskov, however, didn't accept the ceasefire, and Prussia invaded Livonia from the south, creating an intense war between Livonia and both Pskov and Prussia. The Livonian forces, with aid from Hamburg, managed to over-run Pskov and install the second-in-line to the throne of Livonia, Count Erikas Vaalgamaast, still negotiated the treaty, and it was signed on January 1, 1612 at the manor of Räpina, Livonia, which was located extremely near to the Pskovian border and was easily accessed by diplomats of both nations.
- The current state of war that exists between the Republic of Pskov and the coalition of the the Duchy of Hamburg and the Duchy of Livonia (heretoafter as PSKOV, HAMBURG and LIVONIA, respectively) is hereby concluded, with all nations to now resume normal and peacetime relationships, as they were prior to the declaration of war by PSKOV in 1610.
- PSKOV shall retain its freedom and shall be free from annexation into LIVONIA for posterity.
- The colonial property of PSKOV's Pskovian Imperial Company shall become colonial property of LIVONIA's Vȯiti Vež colonial government.
- The government PSKOV shall be forced to consult the Duke of LIVONIA (or his legal successor) prior to the creation or expansion of any colonies.
- PSKOV shall pay for any reparations deemed necessary by LIVONIA for any damages caused as a result of the Livonian War. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Damage to the Free and Imperial City of Narva;
- Physical damage done to troops of LIVONIA, as well as civilians of LIVONIA;
- Naval damage caused as a result of the Battle of the Gulf of Finland; and
- Economic damage caused by the short-lived blockade of the Coast of LIVONIA and its vassals.
- PSKOV shall renounce any and all foreign entanglements and alliances. All future alliances, treaties, trade deals, and non-aggression pacts to be formed by PSKOV are to be approved by the Duke of LIVONIA (or his legal successor) prior to the acceptance of said international deal.
- PSKOV and LIVONIA shall enter into a perpetual non-aggression pact that shall only be breakable if one nation violates the terms of this Treaty or any successor treaties that bind PSKOV and LIVONIA together.
On Future Cooperation
- PSKOV and LIVONIA shall enter into a contract by which any future attack on either nation shall be considered an attack on the other nation. Additionally, any aggressive made by either nation to an external party will allow the aggressor to call upon the other nation to provide military aid or join the war as a leader.
- All trade going into PSKOV shall be subject to passing through LIVONIA or the customs of LIVONIA (for the Moscow border) and shall experience a tariff and mark-up, the amount of which shall be determined by LIVONIA but shall begin at 20%.
- PSKOV shall make efforts to introduce the Livonian language as the new primary language of the Republic.
- The official language of PSKOV shall be changed from Russian to Livonian.
- PSKOV shall change its official name to the proper Livonian form, Pleskava. From the ratification of this Treaty to perpetuity, PSKOV shall be refered to as Republika Pleskavast, or more simply as Pleskava.
- Furthermore, PSKOV shall enact legislation that prevents international business, banking, or trade in any other language other than Livonian.
- The Veche of PSKOV is to vote Stepan Ilych Lavrov out of office, and shall elect the second son of Duke Jaagup Vaalgamaast of LIVONIA (the second eldest son being Lord Erikas Vaalgamaast) as the new Prince of PSKOV.
- The governmental system of PSKOV is to be changed to a hereditary republic, in which the eldest son of the Prince of PSKOV inherits the throne of the Republic. The Veche shall play be reduced to serve as simply the advisory body to the Prince of PSKOV.
- The Prince of PSKOV can no longer be removed from office by the Veche.
- The Veche of PSKOV no longer passes legislation; the Prince mandates legislation.
- The Prince of PSKOV (or his legal successor) shall swear fealty to the Duke of LIVONIA (or his legal successor) upon the acension of a new Prince or a new Duke. This shall remain until perpetuity, or else this shall be seen as a violation of the terms of this Treaty.
- The Republic of PSKOV shall release the County of Lādogas, which is to become a vassal of LIVONIA. Additionally, the land in PSKOV is be reduced in size and scope to the specifications of the following map, which also shows the creation of the County of Lādogas.
- LINK HERE
- The Treaty is to be deposited for posterity at the Imperial Mint at Riga, in LIVONIA.
- Any attempts to relocate the Treaty must be approved by the Head of State of LIVONIA (or its legal successor), and the Head of State of LIVONIA (or its legal successor).
- The Treaty is to be protected by the Free and Imperial City of Riga (or its legal successor).
- This Treaty is to be amendable in any instance in which both parties to the Treaty should prefer, at their discretion, to alter to terms and conditions of the Treaty to a common and agreeable text.
- In order for this Treaty to be amended, the following steps and procedures must be met:
- the Head of State of LIVONIA (or its legal successor) or the Head of State of PSKOV (or its legal successor) must send an envoy to the capital city of the other nation party to the Treaty.
- The envoy must state the intent of the Head of State of LIVONIA (or its legal successor) or the Head of State of PSKOV (or its legal successor) to amend this Treaty.
- The recipient Head of State (of either LIVONIA or PSKOV, or the legal successor of either [or both] nations) shall then reply by the sent envoy either:
- His intent to attend a conference, or to have a diplomat of his attend a conference, for the purpose of amending the terms of this Treaty, at which point he would include a date to meet at the depository of this Treaty at Riga; or
- His lack of intent or desire to amend this Treaty, at which point efforts to amend the treaty shall not take place.
- At the conference to discuss amendment to this Treaty, proposals for amendment shall be discussed. In order for one of these proposals to be added to the Treaty, the Heads of States of both PSKOV (or its legal successor) and LIVONIA (or its legal successor) must both sign the amended Treaty.
- Both nations must then follow procedure for ratification in their own nation. After the Treaty is ratified by both nations, the text of the amendment shall be added to the Treaty.
- His Ducal Grace, Hercog Jaagup I Vaalgamaast Jelgavast, Duke of Livonia and All Livonian Realms, Protector of the Holy Church in Livonia, and Defender of the Livonian People
- LX's/REX's/MOD's SIG
- His Majesty, Karl of House Hamburg, First of His Name, Duke of Hamburg, Duke of Mecklenburg, Count of Holstein, defender of Münster and Stade