Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Treaty of Nantes was a treaty that pertained to the vassalage of the Duchy of Brittany by the Kingdom of France.
- The Duchy of Brittany will become a vassal of the Kingdom of France.
- The Duchy of Brittany will use the language of Latin, French, or Breton in official court documents.
- The Duchy of Brittany will pay feudal taxes to the Kingdom of France.
- The Duchy of Brittany will provide armies to the Kingdom of France, and will defend garrisons in its name.
- The Kingdom of France will defend the lands of the Duchy of Brittany from foreign invaders.
- The Kingdom of France will build forts in Saint-Malo, Saint-Brieuc, and Saint-Pol-de-Léon.
- The Duchy of Brittany will be allowed to ally foreign powers as long as it does not conflict the Kingdom of France's interests.
- The Duchy of Brittany can create its own laws, as long as it does not conflict with French laws.
- The Duchy of Brittany will adopt papal investiture.
- The Duchy of Brittany will adopt Jean I de Châtillon, as regent until Arthur reaches the age of sixteen (1410).
By Grace of God, King of France, Defender of the Faith, Charles VI of Valois:
By Grace of God, Duke of Brittany, Titular Earl of Richmond, Arthur III Monfort: