The Treaty of Kiwinaw was signed to end the Mackinac War, while it also reformed the Nehilaw political system.
Article 1: On the Division of Territory
- The Ashinabe state shall be henceforth dissolved, and its component territories will become Nehilaw.
- The western portion, ethnically Chippewa, shall be united with Gojijiwininag to form the larger vassal of Chippewa.
- The eastern portion shall become the new vassal of Mackinac.
- The southern portion shall become the new vassal of Odawa.
Article 2: On Future Politics
- The Nehilaw will reform the Sachemate to give full representation (six seats) in the council to all of the new territories.
- These territories will have equal rights to the Cree territories, and shall have all commensurate obligations also.
- The chiefs of the Ashinabe shall be given these new seats, which shall be theirs for posterity.
Chieftains of the Ashinabe-