The Treaty of Kalamata is a treaty between the Duchy of Naxos and the Abbasid Caliphate to regain the Naxian homeland after its loss in 1444 and the subsequent deposition of Duke John II Crispo in 1446.
The Abbasids have a few questions in italics
- The Duchy of Naxos will be ceded the islands of the Cyclades that were part of the original Duchy of Naxos.
- Are you asking for Naxos back, or are these different Islands?
- Asking for Naxos back.
- The Duchy of Naxos will donate 10 ships to the Abbasid Navy every year until the year 1470.
- The Duchy of Naxos will donate 50 tons of marble to the Abbasid Caliphate every year until the year 1475.
- Prince Francis of Naxos, the third in line to the throne of Naxos, will be given to the Abbasid Caliphate as a hostage until the age of 18, upon he will marry one of the Abbasid Royal Family without the need for a dowry.
- Is he converting to Islam?
- If that is what is deemed of him by the Caliph, he will.
- The Duchy of Naxos and the Abbasid Caliphate will have a nonaggression pact until the year 1500.
- The Duchy of Naxos will be an independent country.
- The Duchy of Naxos will conquer the countries of Tekke and Ramazan by the year 1455 and immediately cede the countries to the Abbasid Caliphate.
Abbasids: keep the marble and let Naxos be a vassal and you got yourself a deal
Duke William I Crispo, Duke of Naxos - NathanialPrice
Al-Najm I, Caliph of the Abbasids, Sultan of Egypt, Kaliph of the Hafsids, Emir of Tlemcen -