Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Treaty of Jakarta was a peace agreement between Japan and the United States, officially ending World War II. It was signed on September 2, 1945, by Hirohito for Japan, Harry S. Truman for the US, and Joseph Stalin for the USSR. It took place in Jakarta, at the time part of Dutch Indochina.
PoD (Decision to Demonstrate the Bomb)In mid-1945, US President Harry S. Truman was faced with the decision whether or not to drop the atomic bomb on Japan. There was the option to demonstrate the bomb, but that risked humiliating failure. In OTL, Truman decides to drop the bomb, but here in the ATL, Truman decides to demonstrate it. On August 6, Truman informs Hirohito and other Japanese officials to travel 300 km from the port of Tokyo to the island of Hachijō-jima. From there, the old USS Oklahoma was used as a target ship 5 km from the southern tip of the island, with the bomb nicknamed "Little Boy" detonated by remote control. As officials watched the mushroom cloud rise high into the air. The explosion was a force equivalent to 15 kilotons of TNT. Fear of this mighty weapon spread throughout the officials. The Japanese were then sent a message that the US was requesting an unconditional surrender. However, instead of agreeing to unconditional surrender, Hirohito invited Truman to the Treaty of Jakarta to discuss the terms of surrender.
- Japan may not be militaristically aggressive towards any countries for the next 30 years.
- Japan and the United States are not to attack each other in the next 30 years.
- Japan and the USSR are not to attack each other in the next 30 years.
- The Soviets shall return the land in Sakhalin and Kuril Islands below the 50th parallel to Japan.
- Japanese-Soviet borders must remain at the 50th parallel.
- Japan's territories gained in the war shall be returned to their original owners, although Taiwan shall remain under Japanese control. (Counter to the Allied plan of Japan surrendering Taiwan in OTL).