The Treaty of Geneva officially ended the European Theatre of World War II.
Article I: General Terms
- The United Commonwealth of Germany shall unconditionally surrender to the Allied Powers, and all hostilities between the Allied Powers and the states and associated powers of Germany shall cease.
- Germany shall pay the following reparations to the Allied Powers (all values are in OTL 2015 US dollars):
- 150 billion to France
- 100 billion to the Netherlands
- 100 billion to the Wendish Union
- 75 billion to Andea
- 75 billion to Brazil
Article II: Europe
- The region of Alsace-Lorraine and a section of the Rhineland shall be ceded to the Republic of France.
- Zurich, Aarau, Basel, and the western states of Switzerland under German control shall be granted independence.
- The state of Zurich shall be allowed to pursue its own choice of government, however shall be placed under French occupation for the next fifteen years to ensure the peaceful transition to sovereignty, and the German withdraw of forces. After fifteen years it may voluntarily elect to join the nation of Switzerland.
- The Rhineland and Swabia shall be established as a French occupation zone.
- A section along its border shall be ceded to the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
- A section of Germany shall be established as the Dutch occupied zone, and shall be under Dutch control for the following twenty years.
- At the discretion of the French and Dutch governments, the Dutch occupied zone and the northern half of the French occupied zone shall merge with Oldenburg.
- Oldenburg shall be ceded as a client state of the Empire of Britannia, and shall remain so for a minimum of ten years.
- Northern Germany shall be established as the British occupied zone.
- At the discretion of the Empire of Britannia, the British occupied zone may elect to form the independent nation of Hamburg.
- Saxony and Brandenburg shall be established as a joint occupation zone between the nations of the Wendish Union and its allies, led by the nation of Poland
- At the Polish government's discretion, the Polish occupied zone may elect to unite Brandenburg with Oldenburg.
- Bavaria will be administered as a single occupation zone by Andea and Brazil.
- Eastern Germany shall be ceded to the nation of Silesia as the Republic of Pomerania, and shall be admitted into the Wendish Union.
- Austria shall be established as the Lombard occupied zone, and after ten years of occupation shall be ceded as an independent nation.
- Venice and parts of Venezia shall be ceded to the nation of Lombardy.
- Sections of Bavaria shall be ceded to the nation of Czechia.
- Sections of East Prussia shall be ceded to Lithuania, while the rest shall be established as the Republic of East Prussia, and admitted into the Wendish Union, alongside Lithuania.
- Any independent nation created by popular election or the administration of the occupying powers shall agree to a non aggression pact with all other zones and nations of Germany, as well as the occupying powers, for a duration of twenty-five years after that state's independence or creation.
- No nation of Germany shall make any attempt to conquer, influence, or otherwise unite with another state of Germany for the next thirty years after the signing of this treaty.
- The region of Schleswig will be returned to Scandinavia, on the condition that Schleswig and Holstein are annexed into Scandinavia directly.
- The title of King of Germany and Holy Roman Emperor shall become hereditary to the Duke of Oldenburg. The Duke of Oldenburg shall be established as the head of a unified Germany.
Article III: Africa
- All signing powers shall recognize the following claims and territorial boundaries.
- Germany shall cede the colony of Cameroon to the Empire of Brazil.
- All remaining German colonies in West Africa shall be ceded to the nation of Spain.
- The Canary Islands shall be ceded to the Moroccan Principality.
Article IV: Hesperia and Borealia
- Oldenburg's colony on Kolossland shall be ceded to the Algonquin Sachemate and annexed into the preexisting Algonquin possession of Kolossland.
- The German constituent states of Neu Norderney, New Hamburg, New Brunswick, Belize, and Kuba shall all be independent states, economically and politically tied to the Union of Borealia and Hesperia.
- All settlements on Greenland under German control will remain under Oldenburger control, as will Neu Baltrum, Svalbard and all other Arctic possessions of the nation of Germany (assuming Guy signs the treaty right now. Else they go to Algonquin).
- New Hamburg shall be annexed by Reme.
- The island of Isla de la Juventud and all islands covered by the Guano Islands Act shall be ceded to Brazil.
- Andea shall be granted a permanent lease on Guantanamo Bay.
Article V: Asia and Oceania
- The state of New Rugia shall be granted independence, and become a member of the Pacific Union.
- Germany shall agree to the terms laid out by the Empire of Brazil in the Treaty of Midway, formally recognizing all boundaries in the Pacific, and recognizing Brazilian ownership of all islands claimed by the treaty.
- The colony of Brunei and all German settlements on the island of Borneo, as well as all outposts and colonies in the East Indies, shall be ceded to the nation of Spain.
Article VI: Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Germany's nuclear weapons and weapons of mass destruction programs shall be completely dismantled.
All I ask is that Neu Baltrum (Jan Mayen) and Oldenburg's overseas colonies and territories remain with Oldenburg. Neu Baltrum has been owned by Oldenburg since the 1400s, and Cal doesn't deserve to have all his 1.5 years of work stripped from him like you're doing with Cal and me. I am that guy (talk) 16:20, August 6, 2015 (UTC)
This treaty is shamelessly biased towards Brazil, making little reference to other allies. Also, Germany should not be Balkanized. Also, the stuff about Africa/Nukes/UN have absolutely nothing to do with Germany.
Germany isn't Balkanized, it's temporarily divided into occupation zones - and in your version you changed it so Germany cannot be unified for an additional ten years.
How is the treaty biased towards Brazil? How does Africa not have anything to do with the treaty? And what is wrong with the nukes and UN? For one the nukes section directly references Germany, and the UN section is just saying it must be formed in the future. That sort of thing was in OTL Versailles too. Fritzmet (talk) 18:47, August 6, 2015 (UTC)
Fritz, there's no reason to have everything overly complicated. There's no reason to bring unclaimed Africa/nukes/UN into a treaty about Germany, nor is there any reason to have so many NPC's in Central Europe on such ridiculous timescales. Nathan1123 (talk) 19:20, August 6, 2015 (UTC)
This treaty might as well be called "Germany's corpse is gang raped and everyone becomes Brazil's bitch". I do not approve. UN should be established in a separate treaty, as well as the nuke thing. Also, that's way too much money you're demanding of Germany. They'll go broke in 20 years and that'll just fuck up the rest of the European economy. The division of Germany is too severe.
19:35, August 6, 2015 (UTC)
Finally, the voice of reason. Yes, the changes I attempt (in vain) to add to this treaty can be summed up as follows:
- Remove all sections uninvolved with Germany (
UN, nukes,borders of Africa). Really, the division of Africa will come on its own.
- After giving territory to France, the Netherlands and Lombardy, the rest of Germany should be three parts (for three players), not five. Oldenburg (under influence from Britannia), Hamburg (under influence from Poland) and Bavaria (under influence from the Union of Borealia and Hesperia).
- Change all mentions of Brazil to the Union of Borealia and Hesperia.
- New Rugia should not be in any sphere of influence, but a joint protectorate as in the Treaty of Midway.
All that map does is make Hamburg stronger (why?), and make it so that only Andea is occupying Bavaria presumably, instead of the union members detailed in the treaty. Tr0llis (talk) 21:20, August 6, 2015 (UTC)
It doesn't say the Union. If it did then it wouldn't be an issue. Also "make Hamburg stronger (why?)": simply beause there's no reason to break Germany smaller than this.Nathan1123 (talk) 21:34, August 6, 2015 (UTC)
Just a heads up, we're checking the algo and the plausibility of some nations being involved. Please don't see this treaty as valid until further notice. Yours truly, SkyGreen24 20:05, August 6, 2015 (UTC)
Minor update: Due to the rather unusual, implausibly and possibly metagaming-esque involvement of some nations in the war, Britannia, Russia (if it hasn't been removed yet), Silesia and perhaps even Lithuania and Kashubia might be removed from the war. Just a heads up, this decision has been made by multiple mods, not only me. Sine, Crim, MP and I will attempt to straighten out the algorithms as well in order to ensure their correctness. If you have an issues, please write below (i.e not on the PMIII talk page or on chat) and they will most definitely be answered, although I'm probably not going to be the one doing that as I'll be traveling to Germany in about 17 hours. All issues not written below, but somewhere else, will surely be disregarded.
Since a bunch of nations are being retconned, the algos are still in horrid condition, and this whole Treaty is giant BS, I have a counteroffer that should please everyone. I was Normandy in PM2. It was great. (talk) 17:20, August 7, 2015 (UTC)
Germany still collapses without England and the other fronts, seeing as Reme has gotten involved that makes up for the fact that England MIGHT be removed. So this treaty still stands. The algos, from what I understand, have been checked. Considering zero changes have been made, zero arguments against any rhetoric have been made, and zero arguments about the mathematics have been made. you have my 100% permission to make your own version on a separate page and share it with me if you have serious complaints. Unless you have actual complaints against the algo, other than being upset that you lost, please post your own version. #PraiseRoosevelt. 03:47, August 8, 2015 (UTC)
"The algos, from what I understand, have been checked.", sorry, but you understand wrong. I've spoken to Sky, Crim, and Sine, and they all are telling me that the algos STILL need serious work. Of course, just because no one's said anything or posted anything "against any rhetoric" doesn't mean the algos are magically finished. Sky is currently traveling, Crim is busy, and Sine can't always get on. But does that mean you can go ahead and declare the algos done? Sorry, no. In the little time they do have available, all three mods (granted, Sine is an honorary mod) have told me that this war is founded on meta-gaming, and even if we excuse that, the algos are nowhere near finished.
Secondly, no this treaty does certainly not stand... at all. Look at Sky's comment above, since we retconned Britannia and Russia, and possibly Kashubia, Silesia, and Lithuania, this treaty needs serious re-working, if not being scrapped completely. In essence, it's not valid for the time being. And you guys are more than delirious if you think you can tear Germany up like that, considering that, no, the algos are not complete (even though you're anxious to kick me and guy out of Germany). Both Sky and Crim, on Facebook, told me that these treaty provisions are absolutely ridiculous.
Russia was never added. Ever. Because I was against it and found it to be meta. Secondly, Removing England doesn't change the end result. So I don't see why you are harping on that. Removing England costs us 10.5 points, which Reme's invasion outweighs. Also they said may be removed. Nothing is set in stone as of yet.. Third, None of those mods are active. At all. Crim is barely on and has shown to me and several others that he doesn't have a strong grasp on the new algo. Sine hasn't been active in Months. Mp has been marginally active beyond his own algos. Sky had plenty of time to check over the algos. Yea, they still need major work, but the parts that are posted are pretty much correct. Germany has already been granted a ton of advantages (Folding Brazil's Empire into one nation, Germany being able to use its entire empire across the ocean, Allowed to use nearly 30% of it's population in the war effort.) I didn't even calc those nations on the eastern front because it wasn't relevant to the fact that Germany collapses. This treaty is based on the results of two fronts, the Rhine and New Rugia. Because the two fronts put together collapsed Germany. Any changes made to either of those fronts will be compensated for by other means. It's not a question of if we collapse Germany, but when.
So you are saying three people on Facebook allegedly told you everything is wrong? Did they happen to say what? Not only are some of the people you mentioned seemingly bias in the situation, but many, Sine in particular are so out of touch with PM3 and the algo system how could they possibly be a critical source on the matter? The losing party of this war continues to delay and delay, and manages to get approval for such by feeding a group of inactive (as you even admitted) mods a one sided version of the story off wiki. The mods are apparently removing certain nations from the algo, but nevertheless that changes nothing really. Besides if you delay we will just start using nukes at this point. For me though the part that really annoys me is that these mods you apparently talk to on Facebook claim everything is wrong and say they will fix things, but they make no attempt at all to do so. At some point you have to stop stalling and just accept defeat. Fritzmet (talk) 04:39, August 8, 2015 (UTC)
Even if the algos need work, there's no way Germany can win this war. Reme, Andea, Brazil, France, Netherlands, and Lombardy at the very least are all confirmed, and in other locations you're dealing with Spain (and Morocco and Algeria) and other countries. Just these countries alone are enough to defeat Germany, which is just one country, never mind Kashubia and Britannia and all that other stuff.
04:43, August 8, 2015 (UTC)