Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Anno Domini 1860, the Japanese-built ship Kanrin Maru was sent from Japan to the City of San Francisco in an attempt to establish a Treaty of Friendship, Commerce, and Navigation between the United States and Japan.
In OTL it was denied by the US Senate, but what if it wasn't?
What if instead the treaty was signed and the United States and Japan became closer trading partners, and possibly even allies...
How would this affect the Meiji Restoration, the development of Japan into a world power, and the World Wars?
The industrialist John W. Fox is elected the Senator from Virginia. He is quick to realise the potential of Japan. They had successfully navigated the largest ocean in the world, after only having been brought into the modern era a few years before they acquired the Kanrin Maru.
Senator Fox successfully persuaded the US Senate to sign the Treaty of Friendship, Commerce, and Navigation. The signed treaty brought about the righting of unequal clauses in the Commodore Perry Treaty, it allowed for:
- An American-Japanese Alliance
- Unhindered trade between the US and Japan
- Right of US ships to travel in Japanese waters, and Japanese ships in US waters
World in 2012
San Diego Treaty Organization
- United States of America
- Jewish State of Israel
- Republic of Turkey
- Habsburg Empire of Austria
- Republic of Georgia
- Crimean Republic
- Assyrian Republic
- Kingdom of Bohemia
- Republic of Siberia
- Kingdom of Burma
- Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- Republic of Peru
- Republic of Bolivia
- Kingdom of Angkor
- Republic of Australia
- Republic of India
- Union of South Africa
- Kingdom of Serbia
- French Republic
- United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland, and Denmark
- Iberian Union
- Kingdom of Hungary
- United Kingdom of the Seven Netherlands
- Republic of Bosnia
- Republic of Poland
- Commonwealth of New Zeeland
- Republic of Chile
- Federal Republic of Brazil
- Union of Muslim Republics
- Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
- Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- Union of Egypt
- Sublime State of Persia
- Republic of Iraq
- Republic of Dagestan
- Chechen Republic
- Kingdom of Morocco
- German Empire
- Republic of Macedonia
- Kingdom of Norway
- Albanian Kingdom
- Republic of Croatia
- Ukrainian People's Republic
- Kingdom of Romania
- Argentine Republic
- Republic of Herzegovina
- Republic of Ecuador
- Republic of Colombia
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Socialist Republic of Turkestan
- People's Republic of Sudan
- Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
- People's Republic of China
- Socialist Republic of Venezuela
- Republic of East Africa
- Central African Republic
- United States of West Africa
- Kingdom of Ethiopia
- Republic of Somalia
Differences from OTL
- Japan grew into a large Empire controlling most of East Asia. This was mainly because of the US help in the Sino-Japanese War and the Great War.
- America invaded and annexed all of North America, the Caribbean, and Columbia.
- South Africa and Rhodesia were the same country.
- There was only one major world war, caused by the same reason as OTL, and occurred from 1914-1953, the longness of the war was caused by the four way war between the Alliance, the Entente, the Central Powers, and the Moscow Pact (who only joined after mass socialist rebellions).
- Colonial, Socialist, and Fascist rebellions also attributed to the longness of the war
- Nuclear weapons were developed earlier, but there was never a true arms race, as they were used more frequently, thus never developing the "Nuclear Taboo"
- The Portuguese Revolution was crushed by the Spanish, who integrated Portugal into the Iberian Union.
- The Portuguese Republicans escaped to the Azores where they called on the US to protect them, the Azores and the US Canary Islands where united into the Republican State of the Azores, adding another star to the US flag.
- The Russian Revolution fell apart as the Soviets lost support in Siberia and the Ukrainian War of Independence was supported by the Central Powers.
- The Siberians refused to join the Provisional All-Russian Government and instead of fighting across an endless amount of frozen wastes the Soviet-Siberian Treaty was signed in 1920 but revoked in 1932 when the USSR invaded Siberia.
- The Sino-Soviet Split never occurred as Mao Tse Tung was killed in the Great War by a Japanese sniper and was replaced by Sūn Démíng, a Chinese national taught in Moscow University.
- France never decolonized Africa because of granting of civil liberties, control of the local white population, and help from others within the Entente.