Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| The following page is under construction.
Please do not edit or alter this article in any way while this template is active. All unauthorized edits may be reverted on the admin's discretion. Propose any changes to the talk page.
The Treaty of Brussels was a document officially ending the Dutch War of Independence, establishing the Kingdom of the Netherlands as an independent nation outside the influence of the Holy Roman Empire.
- The concession of Liege to the Kingdom of the Netherlands in return for Dutch forces withdrawing from Munster.
- The HRE recognizes the separation of the Lowlands from the Empire, in exchange the Netherlands will cease all actions against the HRE and respect the territorial integrity of the Empire,
- The Emperor will recognize Karl van Nassau and the House of Nassau as the legitimate sovereign of the Netherlands.
- The HRE will grant trading rights to the North Sea Trade League in the Northern German States in exchange for a promise of ceasing all blockades on North German Ports.
- No monetary compensation will be demanded by either side of the conflict.
- Both sides shall agree to a promise of non aggression of a minimum of twenty years. The strongholds in Luxembourg, and Cleves are to be limited to garrisons of that particular state's personal forces, and no Austrian or German coalition forces shall use these fortifications for a minimum of fifty years.
- Albert II of Germany, Holy Roman Emperor, Archduke of Austria, representing the empire and its territories - Mscoree (talk) 18:24, March 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Albert, as Duke of Luxembourg - Mscoree (talk) 18:24, March 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Karl I, King of the Netherlands With Blood and Iron (talk) 18:32, March 22, 2014 (UTC)