Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Treaty of Barcelona was a pact between the warring powers of the Corsican Revolution that ended the war and dedicated the terms of the peace in 1772. A separate treaty was signed between the Russian and Ottoman Empires.
Although Britain captured all of Corsica, Poland was still divided between royal Polish forces based in Warsaw and Bar Confederate and Austrian forces based in Kraków. As a result, there was not a clear winner.
The terms of the treaty include:
- France and Genoa agreed to recognize the independence of Corsica and abandon their claims to the island.
- Savoy, Nice, and Piedmont would be returned to the House of Savoy. In exchange, Sardinia would be given to a Hapsburg prince, and British would return France's oversea colonies captured during the war to France.
- The Kingdom of Poland would be divided into the Kingdom of Warsaw and the Kingdom of Kraków.
- Poland was to be granted economic privileges in the Kingdom of Warsaw.
- The British Navy would have rights to Corsican harbors.
- The Crimean Khanate would become independent and be under the Russian sphere of influence.