Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Hoover-Curtis Cabinet
- President: Herbert Clark Hoover
- Vice President: Charles Curtis
- Secretary of State: Henry L. Stimson
- Secretary of Treasury: Andrew Mellon, Ogden L. Mills
- Secretary of War: James W. Good, Patrick J. Hurley
- Attorney General: William D. Mitchell
- Postmaster General: Walter F. Brown
- Secretary of the Navy: Charles F. Adams
- Secretary of Interior: Ray L. Wilbur
- Secretary of Agriculture: Arthur M. Hyde
- Secretary of Commerce: Robert P. Lamont, Roy D. Chapin
- Secretary of Labor: James J. Davis, William N. Noak
- June 15: The Republican National Convention chose Secretary of Commerce Herbert C. Hoover as their presidential nominee. Hoover did not interfere with his running mate, and Charles Curtis was selected.
- June 28: The Democratic National Convention chose New York Governor Al Smith as their presidential nominee. Senator Robinson became the vice presidential nominee.
- November 6: The Republican ticket of Hoover/Curtis defeats the Democratic ticket of Smith/Robinson in a landslide.
- March 4:' Herbert C. Hoover is inaugurated as the 31st President of the United States, succeeding Calvin Coolidge.
- May: The Wickersham Commission investigates alcohol prohibition in the United States.
- June 7: Vatican City becomes a sovereign nation.
- July 24: The Kellogg-Bryan Pact goes into effect.
- July 25: Pope Pius XI ends his self-imprisonment.
- September 3: The Dow Jones Industrial Average peaks at 381.71
- October 18: Women are considered humans by the League of Nations. The first women enter the Canadian Senate.
- October 24: Wall Street crashes, wiping out more than $30 billion of NYSE.
- December 3: President Hoover announces to Congress that the Americans are regaining faith in their economy.
- March 29: Heinrich Gruning becomes Chancellor of Germany.
- April 5: Mohandas Gandhi breaks British law and goes to the sea to make salt.
- April 22: United States, United Kingdom, and Japan sign the London Naval Treaty, limiting their submarines and shipbuilding.
- May 17: France pulls out of Rhineland.
- June 17: President Hoover signs the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act into law.
- July 7: Border Dam begins being build (OTL Hoover Dam)
- July 28: Richard Bennett becomes Prime Minister of Canada.
- August 6: Judge Joseph Force Carter disappears after stepping into a taxi cab in New York.
- August 27: A military junta takes over Peru.
- September 6: Jose F. Uriburu overthrows President Yrigoyen
- September 14: Nazis when 104 seats in German Parliament.
- October 24: Getulio Vargas becomes President of Brazil.
- December 2: President Hoover asks Congress for $150 million for economic stimulation.
- February 20: California gets the go-ahead to build the Golden Gate Bridge.
- March 1: The USS Arizona is put back into commission.
- March 3: Star-Spangled Banner becomes the American national anthem.
- April 14: The Second Spanish Republic is proclaimed in Madrid.
- April 22: President Hoover joins Austria, United Kingdom, Denmark, Germany, Italy, and Sweden to recognize the new Spanish Republic.
- May: Humans begin evolving. The most prominent of the evolved is Marcus Cray (Starman), whose house is bombed by a comet, and he becomes superhuman.
- May 1: The Empire State Building is completed in New York.
- May 11: Creditanstalt collapses, causing a great depression in central Europe.
- June 5: Chancellor Bruning of Germany warns Prime Minister MacDonald of United Kingdom a great depression in Europe.
- June 19: To attempt to stop a worldwide economic meltdown, President Hoover issues the Hoover Moratorium
- July 21: President Hoover enacts the Emergency Relief and Construction Act, later inspiring Roosevelt's New Deal.
- September 23: Starman battles Darkheart in the streets of Manhattan. President Hoover asks Starman to create Hero Corp.
- November 8: The Republican incumbent ticket of Hoover/Curtis is defeated by Democratic ticket of Roosevelt/Garner.