Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Timeline of the Tiger Unleashed althist
1890: Zhao Keqiang was born in San Francisco, California, to a Chinese immigrant family (the official claim is that the members are of Foshan, Guangdong descent).
1906: Following his family’s step on the way return to Hong Kong, China, Zhao begins his work in a Hong Kong workshop. This is just months before a catastrophic earthquake struck his hometown.
1912: Former Qing official Yuan Shikai strips Sun Yat-sen of his presidency of China. Zhao and his boss Sun Yat-sen moves to Japan and then California where Wenhan marries Soong ching-ling.
1915: Zhao Keqiang returns to Hong Kong and invent things including television (upgraded to color TV in 1935) as well as other inventions that improves the lives of Hong Kong residents.
1917: Yuan Shikai dies after resigning his infamous presidency.
1918: Zhao Keqiang gives a letter to Chinese delegates at Versailles peace treaty, in which he suggests that territories occupied by Germany prior to World War One should be given back to China, in exchange for this nation itself be democratized because of its role as Entente nation in the combat.
Formation of the People's Republic
1919: Zhao participates in the Chinese politics as a member of the KMT.
1923: Zhao Keqiang is appointed by Sun Yat-sen as Vice President of KMT. He helps open the Whampoa Academy, which is modeled after the American West Point.
1925: Sun Yat-sen dies. Zhao Keqiang assumes control over KMT and the newly-formed People’s Republic of China. It is a mixed Marxist-Leninist and Capitalist, under control of the brand new Progressive party created by Zhao. China is opened for foreign trading and investment (via the recently-nationalized Shanghai and Guangzhou).
The People's Republic of China
1930: Zhao Keqiang improves the socioeconomic condition of China in the wake of the global economic depression.
1933: Reformation of Republic of China Armed Forces, using the newly-invented Zhao's weapons as well as those imported from the West.
1937: Japanese invasion of China. After a fierce resistance, the Japanese were stopped in Northeast Territories as well as Shanghai. Film actress Li Shumeng escapes to the United States.
1938: Former diplomat Ho Feng Shan works with Zhao Keqiang on establishing the “New Eden” asylum for the Jews in New Guinea.
1940: The refusal of Jewish immigrants in Palestine has prompted the Chinese to give more places to the diaspora in New Guinea.
- Chinese counterattack in Beijing, Shanghai and northeast territory. The Treaty of Nanjing forces Japan to cease hostilities with China.
- The Battle of Hong Kong is a major but Pyrrhic success for British and Chinese alike, against a Japanese surprise strike there.
- December: Berlin and the rest of Germany are taken by the US. Hitler commits suicide in a hidden bunker at German/Polish border. Meanwhile, the Soviets reach Auschwitz as well as East Prussia.
- February: Treaty of Yalta signed by US, Soviet and Chinese leaders. Its details are:
- Europe will be divided between the Americans, who occupy the West as well as south of East Prussia (now renamed as Prussia), and the Soviet Union who occupies the rest that includes the north of East Prussia (Kaliningrad SSR).
- China will re-administer Mongolia and Taiwan and will conduct a full-scale invasion of Japan to end the Fascism.
- Korea will be divided between China in the north of the 38th parallel, and the United States in the south. The two portions will merge, in later times, into a unified Republic of Korea.
- Rest of the world will stay under European's influence.
- March: USA drops atomic bombs in Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Japan surrenders, finally ending the WWII.
- April: A revolution occurs in Vietnam that overthrows the Japanese-puppet government there.
- May: The Vietnamese Declaration of Independence is announced just as in OTL. Now that Vietnam comprise the entire Indochinese peninsula. Afterward, works begin on obliterating the famine and illiteracy that swept the country before.
- September: China installs home-rule governments in Tibet, Xinjiang and Mongolia.
- January: The Commonwealth of Indochina is established that encompasses Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, with the government modeled after the Soviet and Chinese customs.
- September: France returns to Indochina for re-occupation. The First Indochina war begins.
- The partition of the former British India as in OTL made a bit of controversy.
- In the historical land of Palestine, the Jewish state of Israel is created. Those who stayed in New Guinea create another Jewish nation there, which is known to the world as Federation of New Guinea.
- August 15: Republic of Korea is created. It is, similar to China, a mixed socio-democratic republic.
- United States annexes Cuba as its 49th state after a coup in that country.
- Soviet Union agrees to support the Vietnamese resistance. China allows its mercenaries and supplies to be acquired by Vietnamese reinforcements if necessary.
- Iranian neutral statesman Mohammad Mosaddegh is overthrown and is replaced by a pro-US government. Communists in Iran continue to work, though secretly, and are seemingly supporting Vietnam in its war for justice.
- Vietnam won over the French at Dien Bien Phu.
- Treaty of Geneva marking the initial division (pro-China and pro-US) and the upcoming unification. However, the pro-US section (Cochin China and Cambodia) secede and forms a republic of its own, while the rest is integrated into a democratic republic.
- Britain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and Italy form European Union in Western Europe. Later, in response, Hungary, Poland and Czechoslovakia form the Alliance of Warsaw in Soviet-liberated territories.
- The Pacific and Indian Ocean Defense Coalition (PIDC) is established by China, India and Korea, in response to the US-led SEATO. At the time of establishment, the PIDC is then known as “Golden Triangle”.
- Sino-Soviet border conflict.
- In what would later become the first democratic presidential vote in China, Liu Shaoqi is elected the President of China.
- A series of reforms in agriculture and industry, and the evolutions of early-year market economy (based on Lenin’s NEP but localized) that leads to a period called “Great Leap Forward” (not catastrophic as in OTL).
- CCTV is opened as an entity, as in OTL.
- Many of the Chinese emigrates to New Guinea as well as USA to look for better lives.
- Alaska, Hawaii and the Marshall Islands are admitted as 50th, 51st and 52nd state of the United States.
- The victory of Dong Khoi movement (allegedly supported by China and Soviet Union) creates a pro-Soviet government just south of pro-US Saigon government, called in the West as Victor Charlie or VC.
- The civil war in Indochina occurs between the North, their VC allies and the South.
- European Wall is constructed that stretch through the northeastern-most of Germany to Debelirtic of OTL Slovenia.
1961: Mao Zedong is assassinated by a Soviet sleeper in Chinese government.
1962: General Ne Win overthrows the government of Burma and creates a Democratic People's Republic there. Later in the year, Burma conducts an invasion of Thailand to regain the territory that belonged to the glorious Taungoo Empire.
- Federation of Malaysia is created. Because of the situation in Burma as well as Indonesian threat of invasion, this nation manages to unite in diversity between Malays, Chinese and Tamils (citizens in all these races can vote to the Parliament, and is equal in political rights). This kind of union still occurs to the present day.
- Malaysia and New Guinea swear alliance.
- Philippines makes the alignment with USA thanks to Ferdinand Marcos.
- A proletarian cultural revolution takes places and is crushed in China due to heavy oppositions. Lin Biao, its engineer, is executed for treason.
- Liu Shaoqi is succeeded by Soong Chingling as President of China.
- China sends its men into space.
- Burmese/Thai border war ended with a truce in Pang Mapha, Thailand.
- 1991: European Union becomes a single nation.
- Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and New Guinea form the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN).
- The Philippine Missile Crisis based on suggestions that China intervenes in the war of Indochina, with the US is suspected to carry its nuclear missile to the Philippines for its national protection. In the aftermath, a truce is concluded in which America removes its missile from Philippines, and China ceases its intervention in the war.
- Development of Pulse Detonation Jet engine have rendered a flight from New York to Beijing in one hour a possible reality.
- Television Broadcast Limited (TVB) opens as the first cable television system in Hong Kong.
- Thanom Kittikachorn conducts a series of modernization programs that would lead to a period known as "Miracle in Thailand". This nation has becomes one of the four tigers in Asia that also includes Korea, Malaysia and New Guinea.
- Soviet Union funds the Tet Offensive, which is largely successful both in tactics and strategy. US involvement in the war is then ended.
- January: US pulls out of South Vietnam thanks to the Beijing peace treaty between North and South Vietnam, the VC, America and China (mainly contributed by China and North Vietnam). Some says it is a lobbyist, but there is nothing to prove such an idea. Now that the Saigon government is shattered beyond recovery.
- June: In South Vietnam, the VC takes over the government and negotiates the unification pact with North Vietnam.
- July 20th: Apollo 11 triggers the human exploration of Moon.
- September 2nd: President Ho Chi Minh of North Vietnam passes away months prior to the unification, to be mourned by millions of people across the nation and the world. Meanwhile,
- PC is introduced in USA.
- China launches its device into the moon and begin the asteroid mining process.
- September 5th: An internationally observed vote in Vietnam reunites the once-fractured country and make it neutral, though the new state maintain its friendship with Soviet Union and China. That day is now marked in Vietnam as Re-Unification Day.
- Indonesia joins the ASEAN.
- Asteroid mining comes to America.
- The union of North America:
- After a crisis in October 1970 that saw the secession of Quebec from Canada, the short-lived Republic of Quebec is now willing to join the United States. It is later admitted as the 52nd state.
- Rest of Canada does so in later times with new states created includes Yukon (also encompassing Northern Territories and Yukon), Jefferson (former British Columbia), Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and New England (encompassing Newfoundland, Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick).
- Puerto Rico, Hispaniola and the Bahamas becomes other US states
- The current states of United States also changed territorially, with Dakota uniting North and South Dakota, West Virginia returning to Virginia. Now the United States has 60 states.
- A civilian plane crashed in India kills all of passengers. India denounce Pakistan for the incident.
- Bangladesh war of independence is opposed by Pakistan, who declares war on both India and Bangladesh.
- Jane Fonda's visit to Vietnam inspires the reconstruction of the country very much.
- Celestial Entertainment opens in Guangzhou, China.
- The Olympic Crisis in Munich, in which Neo-Nazi activists in (West) Europe and North African Islamic Army are involved. Eventually, all hostages (including New Guineans and Malaysians) are rescued.
- PC is now widely used by 50% of humanity. Many are concerned about a cyber attack, but in this period everything is under control.
- Thanom Kittikachorn, who refused to resign a year earlier (unlike OTL), is assassinated by an official who cries for democracy.
- April 30: Fall of Islamabad and the annexation of Pakistan as well as Bangladesh into India.
- Deng Xiaoping, a reformist, enters presidency.
- Group of Six (G6) is formed to include United States, European Federation, China, Korea and Japan, to be later joined by Australia (1979), Brazil (1985), Soviet Union (1987) and India (1995), known today as Group of Ten (G10).
- Locally-made commercial airplane debut and first flight in China, made by Xi'an Aircraft Industrial Corporation.
- December: Revolution in Iran becomes violent, and the people of Iran have taken back their own power.
- India becomes a Tribal Confederacy between Hindus, Muslims and the Sikhs.
- The SEATO dissolves. Australia, Thailand and Philippines join the PIC.
- Former Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos is overthrown, tried and imprisoned in China for "crimes against the Philippine people".
- Tangshan suffers major damages after a catastrophic earthquake in the city and the surrounding area.
- European wall falls. Poland, Hungary, Slovenia and Czechoslovakia are welcomed into European Federation while other Eastern European nations break free from Soviet Communism, creating what would become the Neutral Bloc.
- The Indochinese nations, while active in the Commonwealth, join the United Nations and Non-Aligned Movement, declaring neutral from all spheres of influence, still have the normal relationships to the world.
- Soviet Union reorganizes to be a more democratic nation.
- The Internet becomes an entity.
1981: A trade agreement is signed between China and Yugoslavia, resolving the latter’s social and economic problems and enhancing the nation. Greece is also benefited from the agreement.
1984: The Green Revolution begins in Europe, then spreads to North America, Singapore, Japan and Korea, and later, the world.
1987: The European protectorate of North Africa is granted the Dominion Status. At the meantime, North Africa co-operates with Europe to build desalination plants as well as solar plants.
1991: Mission to Mars occurs.
1992: Zhao Keqiang dies in Hong Kong, aged 111. Despite the rules that would have given him a state funeral, Zhao wants a small-scale ceremonial funeral instead, citing himself only as a common man.
1997: Burma begins to open to the outside world thanks to Premier Thein Sein. Hong Kong and Macau returns to China.
2000: The Shard opens in London and is the tallest pyramid building in the world (500 meters), surpassing the OTL Transamerica Tower. In October, Marvel establish the Ultimate universe, beginning with the film Captain America, a major blockbuster of that year (although the universe sounds like the OTL Ultimates, but it is more of the OTL Marvel Cinematic Universe).
2001: September 11: America and Europe are under African terrorist attacks, with several buildings (including the WTC and the Buckingham) suffer severe damages. The US and EF manage to track down the plotters, and in the following years, the US, EF and China form the United Nations Multinational Forces to counter global terrorism.
2013: The Opening of Burma is boosted through the SEA Games held in that country.