- Pierre Le Moyne d'Iberville founds the colony of Biloxi Bay, and thus founds Louisiana.
- The Great Northern War begins.
- The Great Turkish War ends.
- The War of the Spanish Succession begins.
- Act of Union (1707) - England and Scotland unite to become Great Britain.
- Russo-Turkish War (1710-1711) begins.
- Russo-Turkish War (1710-1711) ends.
- The War of the Spanish Succession ends.
- The Austro-Turkish War (1714-1718) begins.
- The French Mississippi Company is founded for the purpouse of colonising Louisiana.
- The Austrian Ostend Company is founded for the purposes of colonising and trading in India and Africa.
- The Austro-Turkish War (1714-1718) ends.
- The Great Northern War ends.
- New England is federated.
- New England granted dominion status.
- Virginia granted dominion status.
- Pennsylvania granted dominion status.
- Carolina is federated.
- Maryland granted dominion status.
- Carolina granted dominion status.
- New England granted kingdom status.
- Virginia granted kingdom status.
- Pennsylvania granted kingdom status.
- Carolina granted kingdom status.
- Nova Scotia granted dominion status.
- Ireland is granted limited home-rule.