(Incomplete) timeline of They Are Protected
- High-Kingdom of Strathclyde founded.
- The Britons successfully defeat the Saxons at the Battle of Deorham (near OTL Dyrham).
- Kingdom of Northumbria founded.
- The Britons of Strathclyde narrowly defeat Northumbrian forces at the Battle of Cataractonium (OTL Catterick, North Yorkshire).
- The Britons of Cambria successfully defeats Northumbrian at the Battle of Deva (Chester).
- The Britonic Kingdom of Elmet falls to Northumbria.
- Northumbria defeats a Cambrian invasion at the Battle of Hatfield (near OTL Doncaster).
- The Britons successfully defeats Wessex at the Battle of Peonnum (near OTL Wincanton, Somerset).
- Kingdom of Kent annexed by Wessex.
- Kingdom of Sussex annexed by Wessex.
- Kingdom of Essex annexed by Mercia.
- The Britons of Dumnonia (and their allies) defeat Wessex at the Battle of Llongborth (near OTL Langport)
- Cambria defeats Northumbria at the Battle of Llwyfenydd (OTL Lyvennet Valley).
- Kingdom of East Anglia annexed by Mercia.
- Britons defeat a Viking attack at the Battle of Llyngonna (near OTL Callington, Cornwall).
- The Northumbrian province of Deira falls to invading Danes, and becomes the Kingdom of York. The remains of the royal family escape to the northern province of Bernica.
- The Cambrian Duchy of North Rheged and parts of South Rheget fall to invading Norwegians. It becomes a vassal of the Kingdom of York.
- The Mercian province of East Anglia falls to invading Danes. It becomes a vassal state of the Kingdom of York.
- The Kingdom of Mercia agrees to become subject to Wessex, following disastrous defeats by the Danes.
- The eastern half of the Kingdom of Mercia falls to invading Danes. It is reorganised into the so-called Five Bouroughs, each of which become subject to the Kingdom of York.
- Kingdom of England founded.
- Northumbria becomes independent of Denmark for the first time.
- Northumbria becomes independent of Denmark for the second time.
- Kingdom of Britain founded.
- United Kingdom of Britain and Ireland founded.