Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- August 4, 1991: Gorbachev leaves for his dacha in the Crimea. This will be the last time that he visits Moscow alive.
- August 17, 1991: At a bath house in downtown Moscow, the plot to overthrow Gorbachev is finalized. The wheels are set in motion. Boris Yeltsin takes a trip to Kazakhstan.
- August 19th, 1991, 7:00 A.M. Moscow Time: The State Committee on the State of Emergency (GKChP) begins broadcasting all GKChP documents over state radio and television. Over the next few hours, several critical events occur:
- Radio Rossii, Televidenie Rossii, and Ekho Moskvy are brought off air by order of the GKChP.
- They attempt to detain Russian President Boris Yeltsin upon his return from his August 17th visit to Kazakhstan. He escapes by ten minutes, and suceeds in arriving at the White House, where he and several other parliamentarian leaders meet.