Return to Soviet Defeat
- The Molotov Ribbentrop Pact is signed by Hitler and Stalin in August.
- World War II Starts with the Nazi Invasion of Poland on September 1st. The Soviets take the east half a few weeks later. The Second World War has begun. In the East however, the Soviets win a massive victory over the Japanese at Khalkhin Gol. Georgy Zhukov was the commander of the Siberian armies facing the Japanese. His rise is perceived as a threat to Stalin.
- France falls in what is described as a Blitzkrieg Campaign.
- Hitler persuades Mussolini not to invade Greece, and instead divert the troops to North Africa.
- Zhukov argues for a Soviet first strike against the Nazis. Stalin, alarmed, has him sent to Siberia.
- Operation Barbarossa commences on the 10th of June. Zhukov is recalled by Stalin, but he is found dead in a Siberian work camp.
- Japan hits Pearl Harbor. America declares war on Japan and Germany, and the Axis Powers do likewise. The Second World War has truly become a world war.
- Moscow falls to Nazi forces on November 7th, with Stalin killed in escape.
- The Philippines are invaded by the Japanese. After a protracted battle, the islands fall to the Japanese military.
- Soviet Partisans become active, which are a strain on the German forces. Hitler accepts Manstein's idea of subcontracting the problem to other Axis powers, including Hungary, Romania and Croatia.
- Indonesia is occupied by Japanese forces, who begin a massive build up in preparation for an invasion of Australia.
- Japanese troops invade the Soviet Far East, taking Vladivostock and Magadan. Soviet forces under Apanasenko, a protege of Zhukov, quickly rally. Despite this, the whole of Soviet Manchuria falls.
- Operation Hercules is launched upon Malta, which falls a few days later.
- The 7th and 10 Panzer Divisions are sent to North Africa to bolster Rommel's forces.
- Egypt falls on September 3rd, the third anniversary of Britain's entry into the war.
- Omar Bradley is given overall command in the Pacific. He liberates the Philippines within months as part of Operation Reclamation. As a result, the United States can attack the Japanese easier.
- The United States comes up against the Kwangtung Army. The bloodiest encounter is in Shanghai, which descends into a bloodbath with 1/4 of the city's population dead either in the crossfire or in massacres. In these battles the mass use of Japanese suicide bomber troops comes into play.
- Mao is wounded by an OSS sniper.
- Elektroboote submarines inflict serious damage on British merchant convoys, bringing Britain over the brink of starvation. Reports of Cannibalism filter through.
- New York City is hit by long range A11 Missiles fired from Germany, to demonstrate Germany's ability to strike the US.
- The Treaty of Stockholm is signed on July 2nd. Germany is given free hand in Europe. However, Italy, already crumbling, agrees to withdraw from Ethiopia to consolidate its other gains in Africa. Emperor Haile Selassie declares Eritrea, Djibouti and Somalia Protectorates of the Ethiopian Empire, with the backing of the US. Britain gives up its Colonial Empire in Africa. The Cold War has begun.
- Operation Olympic begins with the invasion of Japan by the Commonwealth, America and China. Massed use of Kamakazes turn the operation into a bloodbath.
- Meanwhile, the OSS manage to evacuate a small Jewish family in Amsterdam while retrieving a defector. One of them has kept a diary of their time in the attic. This flares up anti-German sentiment in the United States, although the true nature of what has happened to the Jews will not be revealed for some time. Slavs from Russia also begin fleeing to the United States. They are settled mainly in Texas, California, the Deep South and the Great Lakes under the Refugee Act of 1945. Slavic and African culture begin to intermix, with a large Russian Community in New Orleans. Novaya Arkangelsk is also established in West Texas.
- Japan capitulates after atomic devices are used on troop concentrations in northern Kyushu. Total casualties on both sides are at almost 2,000,000. The US, seeing Germany in the middle of a scramble for whatever allies it has in Turkestan and Africa as well as the Middle East, decides to assess the situation.
- Omar Bradley proposes the Bradley Plan: money to be spent improving the infrastructure in Ethiopia and its protectorates, Liberia (which annexes Sierra Leone), Latin America and South East Asia. This would be an unprecedented aid project.
- President Truman meets with Mahatma Gandhi in Delhi, and tells him that India will eventually be free. Sectarian violence between Muslims and Hindus flares up.
- The "Brown Scare" begins to take hold in America. Adlai Stevenson begins to make a prominent entrance.
- Juan Peron is elected in Argentina.
- Mao is killed by a joint OSS/Chinese military operation against Communist insurgents. However his Legacy will continue well into the next century.
- The Free World Alliance is formed in San Francisco, with China, the USA, Canada, India and Brazil at the head. Britain remains under Nazi occupation.
- In response, Nazi Germany founds the National Socialist Federation, the Fascist equivalent of the Comintern with its headquarters in Berlin. Its main founders are: Germany, Italy, Turan, Croatia, Spain, Romania and Hungary. France and Turkey are strong-armed into the NSF.
- The Coalition of the Western Hemisphere is founded in Austin, Texas by the USA, Canada, Mexico, Honduras, Brazil, Chile and Colombia. Its purpose is to integrate the Americas into the US Sphere of Influence.
- The Pacific Free Trade Agreement is made between the USA, Australia, Chile, China, and Japan.
- The Chinese constitution is created, which limits the president to a single five year term.
- President Truman wins a second term.
- The FWA proposes to re-establish the state of Israel from Britain's former Palestine colony. Germany refuses and aligns itself with additional Muslim countries.
- Argentina applies for membership to the NSF
- Tensions rise between Romania and Hungary
- Australia and New Zealand, now without oversight from the English Crown, merge to form the democratic Commonwealth of Oceania.
- Anne Frank joins the OSS. Her first posting is to Ethiopia.
- Ethiopia sees its GDP increase by 50%
- Omar Bradley is elected President. He names Vyacheslav Molotov his Secretary of State.
- Cuba requests annexation by the US, and is granted statehood in 1953.
- Carlos Ibañez del Campo is elect President of Chile (1952 - 1958).
- The Argentine war begins when Argentina invades Chile. President Bradley commissions General Douglas MacArthur to lead a multinational task force to defeat Peron. Operation Thunderstorm begins when 500,000 American, Colombian, Chilean, Canadian and Brazilian troops invade Argentina through Brazil. Germany strongly protests, threatening to intervene on Argentina's behalf. Fortunately, events elsewhere in Europe force them to divert their attention.
- Chile is split in half when Santiago falls. President Ibañez moves the capital temporarily to Concepcion.
- Hungary invades Romania to seize part of Transylvania.
- Hitler dies of complications from Parkinson's. His successor is designated as Heinrich Himmler.
- The former Commonwealth holdings under US control are granted statehood. The ensuing problems with representation leads Congress to reorganise the states. New Mexico is annexed to Arizona, the Guyanas and Suriname are merged into Guyana, the Virginias are merged as well as the Carolinas, North and South Dakota become Dakota, with the Caribbean islands becoming Caribbean with Belize being granted statehood as well. This leaves the US a total of 51 states.
- In June, the world is shocked when the Nazis launch the first man into space. This leads President Bradley to find a place for the space programme.
- Argentina invades the Falkland Islands. Nazi Germany declares the islands to be part of Argentina. This is met with anger in the FWA as there is a risk of WW3.
- Coalition forces liberate Santiago in January and begin the march on Buenos Aires, which falls to a pincer attack in September. Peron and Evita are killed in the battle. Argentina is put under a reconstruction government and is occupied by Chile, Paraguay and Brazil. The Latin American War finishes, with 2 million dead overall.
- The US Space programme is located in Hawaii, with Ni'ihau being mission control, and Oahu island being where the missiles are launched.
- A Fascist coups flares up in Panama. This leads to Operation Fire Shield, which involves US special forces defeating them on the Panamanian/Costa Rican border.
- Michael Hartman is born in Atlanta Georgia to Anne Frank (under the alias Isabel Hartman).
- Jorge Alessandri is elect President of Chile (1958-1964).
- Iceland falls into civil war after a disputed election between the Icelandic National Socialist Party and the Icleandic Social Democratic Party. Germany provokes the incident, hoping to gain a strategic North Atlantic foothold.
- Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. (having never been involved in Operation Aphrodite) is elected President of the United States.
- President Kennedy is assassinated while in Cuba. Vice President Adlai Stevenson succeeds him.
- Puerto Rico is granted statehood, and is the last state to be granted such as of 2009.
- The OSS reveal to Congress news of the annihilation of the Jews and Slavs in Europe. This has a profound impact in the United States and Britain, with each having a significant Jewish minority.
- Race riots break out in Houston, New York City, London, San Francisco and Chicago.
- India tests its first Atom Bomb, which leads to shock in Germany as another Asian Power has nuclear capability.
- Eduardo Frei Montalva is elected President of Chile (1964-1970).
- Gus Grissom and Jim Lovell land on the moon. Nazi Germany follows within 6 weeks.
- Adlai Stevenson wins a second term.
- The FeReA (Angolan Resistance Front) begin a rebellion. It is put down mercilessly within months with over a million dead.
- Radomiro Tomic is elect President of Chile (1970-1976).
- John F. Kennedy is elected President of the United States. After the turbulent '60's, he undertakes sweeping liberal social reforms in light of Germany's civil rights crackdowns in Russia, Hungary and Bohemia.
- After a White House sex scandal, JFK drops out of the primaries. Richard Nixon defeats vice president Carter for the presidency, setting about a policy of detente.
- Sergio Onofre Jarpa is elect President of Chile (1976-1981).
- Germany gets a man on Mars. The Space race begins to heat up. It nearly reaches boiling point when the Von Braun Armed Space Station is revealed to the world.
- A US attempt to install a satellite in space goes awry, with "Ni'ihau, we have a problem" being the quote that sums it up.
- President Nixon loses the Presidency to hawk Ronald Reagan, especially after Nixon is compared to Neville Chamberlain who is more infamous ATL.
- Reagan gets to work with a refined defense budget after Nixon's disastrous policy of Detente with the Reich.
- Andres Zaldivar is elect President of Chile (1981-1986).
- Reagan's policies pay off with the US getting to the Asteroid Belt first. This leads to a crash course programme in Germany to get there.
- Germany makes it second to the Asteroid Belt in a rushed mission. Half the crew is dead by the time the mission is over.
- Führer Kohl is appointed. He immediately sets about accelerating the Reich's arms buildup, as well as brutally putting down Siberian separatists.
- President Reagan wins a second term.
- Oceania declares itself to be nuclear free, and creates a 200km nuclear free zone around its territories, causing a rift in Oceanian-American relations.
- China makes it to the Asteroid Belt.
- Jaime Guzman is elect President of Chile (1986-1991).
- Oceania refuses a visit by the USS Washington, citing its capacity to carry nuclear weapons.
- Senator Gary Hart wins the election.
- Germany finally gets to the belt.
- After a series of disputes, Oceania leaves the FWA.
- The 'Uranium Crisis', Oceania closes its Uranium mines, depriving the FWA of over three quarters of its total Uranium supply. Nuclear arsenal reductions talks with Germany are discussed.
- India arrives at the Asteroid Belt.
- President Hart is embroiled in a scandal revolving around drug shipments in Afghanistan. He survives impeachment, but his political career is all but over as his name is forever smeared.
- Three new Uranium mines are opened in Canada
- Arturo Alessandri Besa is elect President of Chile (1991-1996).
- Republican John McCain wins the election against President Hart
- Oceanian advisors are sent to aid the Government of Costa Rica in fighting FWA Sponsored Guerrilla Forces. this move is condemned by several nations in the FWA.
- Atrocities since 1945 by Nazi Germany in Africa are unveiled by the OSS and various German defectors. This leads the African communities in the Free World Alliance to declare that an "African Tragedy" has befallen the continent, and the Maafa Memorial Day is declared when the atrocities are discovered. President McCain signs the African Refugee Act into law. This opens US borders to Africans living under German occupation.
- President McCain wins a narrow re-election.
- Indonesia Invades East Timor, and Oceania invades and occupies Indonesia to free East Timor.
- Eduardo Frei Ruiz-Tagle is elect President of Chile (1996 - 2001).
- President McCain puts more funding into cyberwarfare, after a report from the OSS says that cyberwarfare would be a "sixth front" in any future war.
- The last Oceanian troops leave East Timor.
- Menzies Campbell is elected prime minister of Britain on a hawkish platform.
- Britain's first Rocket is launched into space from northern Scotland
- Democrat Party Candidate John Edwards is elected President.
- Patricio Aylwin is elect President of Chile (2001 - 2006). Promotes reform that reduces the presidential period, from five to fourth years.
- A civil war breaks out in El Salvador between the Fascist Brotherhood of El Salvador, the Maoist People's Front of Liberation and the moderate El Salvadoran government.
- On the GOP ticket, Michael Hartman (Anne Frank's son), with Robert Barr as his running mate, wins the election against President Edwards. Hartman is described as being an antifascist hawk that is dedicated to ensuring that Germany is left trailing. He advocates the necessity of a Jewish state of Israel, which leads to further tensions with Germany's oil-rich Middle Eastern allies.
- The OSS publish a report on US and Germany's economic situations. It warns of a coming recession and its impact on both nations.
- Hartman's inauguration address is particularly troublesome, as this sentence: "Let the Reich know, whether it likes it or not, the past, the present and the future are on our side. We will bury you."
- David Cameron is elected Prime Minister in a Tory landslide over the Liberal Dems and the Labour party.
- A major breakthrough is made in Canada with regards to quantum computing. The University of Toronto announces that they have begun work on designing a Quantum computer, which leads to a panic in the Reich over the lack of science education in schools.
- Jovino Novoa is elect President of Chile (2006 - 2010).
- President Hartman is re-elected by a landslide.
- the 2008 Samoan War breaks out. it is ended when Oceania intervenes. the Dallas incident takes place during this war, when the American Nuclear Sub USS Dallas and the Oceanian sub OCS Havoc Collide, severely damaging both ships.
- The Oceanian Election ends with a victory for Oceania First, well known to dislike the FWA's extreme methods, and to Dislike President Hartman extensively.
- What becomes known as the Second Great Depression hits the world. unemployment rises over 10% in the US, and a similar number in the Reich. Germany's response is conscription and the reichsarbeitdienst. Meanwhile, President Hartman gets congress to pass a bill allowing for infrastructure improvements and military expansion.
- Western Samoa votes overwhelmingly to join the Commonwealth of Oceania. this puts Oceania in direct contact with American Samoa, raising tensions between the two countries.
- The FWA meet in San Francisco to discuss rising tensions with Nazi Germany. The minutes of that meeting are classified.
- After the Tegucigalpa attacks on 24/10, the US Military decides to intervene under an FWA mandate with the aid of Honduras and Mexico, called Operation Restore Order. 5000 US Marines with 800 Mexican and 1200 Honduran soldiers are planned for this invasion.
- An immense Earthquake strikes Haiti. Thousands are killed, and the FWA mounts an immediate aid operation.
- On the 27th February, a Magnitude 8.8 earthquake strikes Chile, causing major damage. An aging Führer Kohl sends aid to Novoa in an attempt to increase Fascist sentiments and destabilize pro-Western influences there after the Tegucigalpa attacks on 24/10. Propaganda at home pronounces, "The Nazi Party continues to show its commitment to human rights."...
- Commonwealth 1, Oceania's first Rocket, is launched into Space from Stewart Island.