Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Back to Seven Days to the River Rhine
- Vladimir Lenin dies of a heart attack on January 21, 1924. General Secretary Joseph Stalin becomes the new leader of the USSR.
- Adolf Hitler is pardoned from jail on December 19, and decides to visit the Soviet Union, where he meets the newly appointed leader Joseph Stalin. Stalin invites Hitler to lunch where they have a long talk about politics and other major topics, Hitler shakes Stalin's hand then leaves for Germany.
- Hitler leads the Nazi Party to power in Germany and forms Greater Germany, backed by the Soviet Union Germany becomes a formidable power in Europe.
- The Molotov Ribbentrop Pact is signed by the leaders of Nazi Germany and the USSR.
- On September 1st, the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany invade Poland, the Nation falls in less than three weeks and is later partitioned between the two countries.
- Primarily lead by Britain and France the Allied powers are formed to combat the Nazis and the Soviets.
- Tripartite Pact is signed by Nazi Germany, Italy, Japan, and the USSR, thereby officially forming the Axis powers.
- France falls to Germany, and the Middle East falls to the Soviets a few weeks later.
- Italy invades north Africa.
- Due to Soviet oil exports, Japan is able to move in and conquer the Philippines. Japan proposes a plan to invade the U.S. but this is rejected by the other members of the Axis Powers.
- Although Germany (As well as the Soviet Union) had superior forces and greater numbers, their blitzkrieg campaign to occupy Britain fails, forcing them to withdraw and re-inforce their military.
- Hitler assimilates Northern France into Germany, and Vichy France is simply renamed France. This move is questioned by Stalin, so to compensate, Hitler allows the USSR more land in what was once Poland.
- Italy is able to occupy all of northern and western and Africa (not including Liberia), forming Italian West Africa and Italian North Africa.
- Britain along with Ireland (who was convinced to intervene by Britain in exchange for Northern Ireland) invade former France in an attempt to liberate the country from Nazi Germany.
- The Soviet Union begins adding Germany in France.
- The United States of America begins giving massive military funding to the Allies, including Ethiopia.
- Britain's attempted to campaign to free France fails and both British and Irish forces are forced into retreat.
- Germany attempts to invade both Britain and Ireland, while the Soviet Union attempts to help the Japanese defeat both China and Australia.
- Italy's attempted campaign of Ethiopia begins to fail.
- Germany is only able to occupy a small portion of Britain's south coast, many German citizens believe that Germany's second invasion of Britain is becoming a failure.
- Pressured by the United States both Britain and reluctantly Germany agree to end the war in Europe, by signing the Treaty of Munich. Many considered it an Axis victory in Europe.
- Northern France remains part of Nazi Germany, and a sliver of Southern England is annexed. The USSR lays claim to all of Eastern Europe that isn't part of Germany or already a member of the Axis. The War continues in the Pacific with Northern Australia and all of Indonesia and Indochina becoming part of Japan, and both the USSR and Japan fighting to defeat the Chinese.
- Mao Zedong, a Chinese rebel leader attempting to defeat the USSR and Japan, is secretly transported to the United States. The U.S. agrees to help Zedong defeat his enemies if he agrees to establish China as a Socialist Democracy instead of a communist country. Mao agrees to accept the United States help.
- The OSS trains groups of Chinese and Japanese Americans to help China defeat the USSR and Japan.
- Although not considered to be defeated the USSR and Japan agree to sign a peace accord with China.
- With war finally over the U.S. begins to openly send relief efforts to Britain and other Allied nations that where not conquered, while Germany and the Soviet Union begin rebuilding their own home territories.
- Massive unrest begins to rise in Germany as Jews begin to break out of concentration camps and start attacking German soldiers and civilians.
- The United States and its allies form the United Western Alliance (UWA) to counter the rise of Germany and its allies, while Germany reforms the Axis powers transforming them into the Eastern Socialist Coalition (ESC) the two powers start a bitter rivalry.
- India gains its independence from Britain. the ESC leaders are angered that India sides with UWA with Hitler mainly proclaiming "why would they side with their oppressors - the people who gave them a hundred years of hardship?"
- Unrest begins to explode in Germany, many citizens fear civil war as angry Jewish mobs take to the streets in Germany. Both Stalin and Hitler fearing civil war decide to cooperate with the UWA, the only time the two powers work together, the find the best decision is to make a mass exodus of the Jewish people to America.
- The U.S. settles the Jewish refugees in the Caribbean and south Pacific, they make both Guam and Puerto Rico states, and also begin settling them mainly in long island.
- The explosive Jewish population also causes more settlements across the east coast creating the States of Long Island, and Columbia which is made up of Southern Maryland, the nations capital is simply renamed Washington.
- Thomas E. Dewey wins the 1948 presidential election running on an isolationist.
- A revolution springs up in Honduras It is backed by the ESC, the UWA attempts to counter by giving support to the government loyalists but this ultimately fails.
- The OSS of the United States is reformed into National Office of Espionage and Internal Affairs or the NOEIA its job is it to send spies abroad to counter and gather intelligence on the ESC while also countering threats within the USA making them the United States only Espionage and Crime enforcement agency.
- Alaska and Hawaii are both made states.
- A coup d'état is staged in Venezuela after the new dictatorship comes in power they join the ESC this leads to the belief that the ESC is responsible for the coup.
- An event dubbed "The Scare" begins. it involves a great amount of fear in UWA countries against the ESC, as the cold war escolates.
- Dewey loses to a landslide against Adlai Stevenson who promised more aggressive actions against the ESC.
- A massive rebellion begins in India both the ESC and the UWA catch on and intervene. The ESC takes the side of a faction of a ultra nationalist party while the UWA takes the side of another faction that wants a democratically ran nation.
- Britain and Ireland form the New European Commonwealth a government to counter most of the dictatorships in Europe.
- The 26th of July Movement begins in Cuba, while the USSR wants the communist rebels to win and establish a dictatorship the U.S. offers a compromise. The United States agrees to make a Cuba a state and give them everything they didn't have under the Batista regime.
- In addition to the assimilation of Cuba the U.S. decides to make Panama a U.S. state, this also allows the U.S. to add the 23rd amendment which states that any citizen of a country annexed will automatically become natural born citizens of the United States.
- Joseph Stalin dies of a stroke his successor is Nikita Khrushchev.
- Hitler has a heart attack and dies, Joseph Gobbles becomes the successor not to long after.
- The UWA supported forces in India defeat the ultra-nalionalist party, many nations across the globe begin to have feelings of discontent against the ESC.
- Stevenson is reelected.
- A telegram called the "Whale telegram" is intercepted by the U.S. The telegram thought to be of German origin was to be given to Venezuelan generals as a plan to invade America, but the U.S. did not have enough evidence to support this theory.
- As a precaution the U.S. buys both Baja California and Baja California Sur for better Naval dominance.
- The ESC begins a massive military build up. This is seen as "normal" by the UWA though.
- World War III begins. A surprise invasion by all ESC nations is launched against the UWA, primarily the United States of America. The invasion is dubbed Operation Blue Whale, it is an invasion similar to the one described in the whale telegram. Nazi Germany and Italy invade the Eastern U.S. while Russia and Japan invade the Western U.S.
- Four months in and it appears that the ESC has the upper hand but little do they know the UWA military forces have been training to become experts in Guerrilla warfare in case of an invasion. Germany establishes the National Socialist Republic of America on the East coast, while the USSR and Japan create the Free Pacific Sates.
- Six months after WW-III started Washington D.C. is occupied and as a result this forces President Stevenson to relocate the nations new temporary capital to Saint Louis. The American Resistance forces on the west coast are able to drive out the invading forces and terminate the Free Pacific States.
- A year after the start of World War II and the UWA is ready to launch its counterstrike in the Western Hemisphere, Operation Buffalo begins with the first battles major victories for the UWA. While both Britain and Ireland are barely gripping to hold their own against the ESC. The USA also liberates Haiti and Jamaica which are later made U.S. states.
- September 9, 1959 a day that will never be forgotten. In a last ditch effort to stave off the UWA's advance the ESC forces drop an atomic weapon on the city of Boston, in response the UWA plans their invasion of the ESC's mainland nations an giving them an "eye for an eye" plan.
- Before launching their counteroffensive dubbed Operation End War, the USA launches several atomic bombs destroying the cities of Hiroshima Japan, Campbell Barracks in Germany (where the atomic weapon used against Boston was built), and Smolensk Air Force base in the USSR. After this it is agreed that nuclear will longer be used through out WW III.
- Joesph P. Kennedy is elected president by a landslide victory.
- The UWA forces begin their counteroffensive by launching Operation End War, by invading Germany, Northern France, Italy, the Japanese mainland and airdropping just outside of Stalingrad.
- At first the Operation was successful with the help of the French resistance Northern France is liberated, and Japan is nearly on the brink of defeat, but unfortunately Germany forces the UWA retreat into France, only Sicily is occupied, and the UWA isn't able to leave occupied Stalingrad.
- NOEIA launches a secret Operation in Germany, dubbed the "Seven Days to the River Rhine" it involves disabling all Germany military assets at the French-German border. It derives its name because it will involve starting and completing the operation in one week.
- The operation launched by NOEIA is successful most of Germany's defenses are disabled and the UWA pretty much sweeps in and occupies both Germany and Italy.
- The UWA launches a blitzkrieg style campaign against the USSR and prepares for a second invasion of Russia.
- Japan surrenders to the UWA, as their forces continue to move east through Russia.
- In a last ditch effort the ESC attempts to launch a massive counter attack against the UWA occupation. Within the first month of this counter attack UWA forces are forced to retreat from occupied Moscow.
- With the death toll for WW-III reaching 85 million the UWA and the ESC decide to reach an uneasy peace accord. They both sign the treaty of Vichy.
- It is at this time that the USA launches the recovery for the UWA an act that helps rebuild all the UWA allies. Germany launches a similar act for the ESC nations
- It has been nine years since the end of WW-III and know most of the world has recovered. As the UWA and the ESC begin to rebuild their arms, they gain many more allies.
- The sudden arms build up causes old rivalries to rise once again as the ESC and UWA engage in a second more costly cold war. The UWA begins to form powerful alliances in Africa working to topple over dictatorships, while the ESC begins establishing dictatorships in Southeast Asia.
- Civil war begins in Sri Lanka.
- Fidel Castro wins reelection against Richard Nixon.
- The Sri Lankan incident, an engagement that pitted UWA ans ESC forces. This is the only battle in the Sri Lanka clvi war that did not involve the opposing national factions. The three day engagement was the closest time when the planet could have engaged in World War IV.
- The ESC uses the Sri Lanka incident as an excuse to have the ESC supported factions take control of nation. The forced UWA withdrawal cause many nations to feel shameful.
- Richard Nixon delivers a crushing blow and is elected president.
- In his last address President Castro gives his apologies to the American people stating he claimed responsibilities for the UWA's loss in the Sri Lankan civil war.
- Richard Nixon declares that a dictatorship is not in the best interest of the Sri Lankan people so he incites civil war in the country once again.
- The ESC declares that the UWA's action are unconventional and they intervene to protect the countries dictatorship.
- The second civil war in Sri Lanka results in another defeat for the UWA.
- Many people believe the U.S. is in decline as a superpower.
- Jerry Brown wins the election over Richard Nixon. He promises to "convince" other countries that the U.S. should remain the worlds most dominate power.
- Nazi Germany declines in their ability to obtain fuel reserves.
- Seeing the oil weakness in Germany the U.S. begins making investments on alternate and more cleaner forms of fuel.
- The U.S. begins to dominate in the "alternate fuel market" as this starts to cripple Germany, the USSR, and the Japanese economies. Jerry Brown is reelected president, and continues to enforce policies of alternate energy.
- Germany begins using policies of alternate energies to, but many critics accuse the nation and its allies of weakening.
- As Germany declines the USSR declares themselves the key national power in the ESC. They begin to exhaust Germany's fuel plans and instead begin to fund scientific studies so they can can continue to use oil and natural gas but use less of it.
- Bob Dole barely wins presidential victory in the United States. He ran on a platform of re-opening negotiations with the ESC to end the second cold war.
- Doles negotiations with the ESC fail and begin to turn up old rivalries that where on decline are now on the rise once more. To add on top of that the US economy begins to decline under Dole.
- An economic downturn occurs in the ESC nearly equal to the current downturn in the USA.
- Japan withdraws from the ESC in protest to their abilities to handle economic situations.
- The UWA sees Japans withdraw as a chance to regain economic superiority. They make deals with Japan to enter in the growing technological market.
- Although highly contested, Bob Dole wins reelection with both the popular and the electoral vote, many political analysts claim it is due to the slowly healing economy.
- A group of Mexican pirates kidnap a group of civilian boats nearby Cuba, the incident was within American waters so it is considered a national incident.
- Another pirate attack occurs off the coast of Brazil and one more nearby Germany.
- As pirate attacks increase both the ESC and the UWA take action, the UWA begins stationing military on the coast of Venezuela and the ESC moves its ships closer to the coast of Liberia.
- Bill Clinton wins the presidential election in the United States.
- As the world enters the new millennium there is unfortunately an increase in global terrorism and piracy.
- Both the nations of the ESC and the UWA decide that the best course of action is to end the cold war, and unite against a common threat. They sign the millennium accord and officially come to a peace agreement.
- Collin Powell wins the U.S. presidential election.
- The USA launches operation United Freedom and invade both Honduras and Venezuela in an attempt to end both piracy and terrorism in the two countries.
- The ESC does not launch an official operation against most west African "Pirate Countries" but begins to heavily sanction them.
- The United States is able to liberate Venezuela and they convinces them to join the UWA, but the invasion of Honduras fails and the U.S. is forced to withdraw from the Latin American country.
- An economic boom occurs in India.
- The 2004 elections were some of the most heated in U.S. history it was a contest between Colin Powell, the current president, Wesley Clark a general who had received some embarrassment for leading the failed invasion of Honduras, and David Petraeus the more popular candidate who led the successful invasion of Venezuela.
- Although there was much dispute Petraues wins the presidential election.
- Although it is never officially declared the ESC nations of Germany and Russia lose their superpower status due to their crippling economies.
- China and India form a strong trade agreement, along with the U.S.
- Petraeus wins a landslide reelection.
- Iranian terrorists bomb the U.S. bank tower in LA and a portion of Wall Street in New York, as a result the U.S. along with other UWA and a few ESC countries invade Iran.
- A magnitude 7.0 earthquake devastates the U.S. state of Haiti.
- The war in Iran escalates, this results in the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, and gays are allowed to serve openly in the military.