Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The timeline of the Red Sun is created when our sun expands to massive proportions, thus pushing out the habitable zone and creating a new order of planets. Currently intended to be the timeline page, if things go well this could become the overview timeline page instead.
- circa 4,567 billion years ago - The sun forms in a plume of gas and dust. It however, accumulates more gas and dust than in OTL and becomes a Red Giant. Mercury and Venus were never formed, instead being ejected to orbit the gas giants forming. Earth became a barren rock. It never formed to be as large as it was in OTL. When a large body struck it, both planets were destroyed. Mars however, still develops.
- c. 4,5 billion years ago - The extra mass which was meant to be Mercury and Venus collides into Terramyde, Europa and Titan. The remaining mass flying around forms a new planet, Greenland. In time, all of these planets will become habitable.
- c. 4,4 billion years ago - The asteroid belt combined to form a gas giant, Ceres. Ceres caught Mars in its orbit and Mars became a moon. However, Jupiter and Ceres eventually began orbiting each other. Mars was ripped apart by the gravity. The solar system was taking shape and all it needed was a few million years.
- c. 4,34 billion years ago - The solar system forms into its present order. The Ceres-Jupiter dual planet system first, then Greenland, Europa, Terramyde and Saturn, as well as Uranus, Neptune and Newton. A few of Saturn's moons are destroyed in a collision, making the planet form a dual-ring system.
- c. 3,4 billion years ago - Millions of comets and asteroids impact Greenland, Terramyde and Europa over the course of a million years or two, bringing along with them both water and microscopic life.
- c. 2,9 billion years ago - Stromatolites form on Greenland and Terramyde, while oxygen-giving bacteria float in water, using photosynthesis to give off oxygen as a by-product, raising the oxygen levels of all three planets.
- c. 1,5 billion years ago - Complex aquatic life starts to form and flourish in the oceans of all three planets. On Terramyde and Greenland, these creatures will eventually go on to inhabit the land, while on Europa they will continue to develop towards sentience.
- c. 400 million years ago - Sea creatures start to move onto land on Terramyde and Greenland, possibly to escape predators, possibly because it was evolution. Life on Europa, however, still evolves in the ocean, with some prey growing huge as protection and others becoming smaller and faster. Predators also evolve, becoming faster and developing better hunting capabilities.
Ancient and Medieval History:
By 5 million years ago, the early ancestors of the three intelligent species found on Terramyde had begun to walk on foot. Over the next few million years all of these ancestorial species would learn many skills such as creating and using tools and develop into complex tribes. Archaeological data suggests that the mingling of two different sub-families in the Hominidae family of apes lead to the creation of the tribe from which the giants would emerge from, while humans and hobbits would both emerge from the Hominini tribe. However, much is up for debate, with recent findings going as far to suggest that giants may have actually evolved from the mixing of the Ponginini and Hominini tribes rather than having directly descending from the Ponginini tribe as previously thought.
Around a million years ago or so, the ancestors of giants began to use fires to cook their meat and navigate the darkness. The first of the three species to do so, this gave them a distinct edge over other species competing for the same resources - such as their bigger cousins who favoured brawn over brains. The ancestors of the humans and hobbits soon too discovered the positives of using fire and thus experienced a growth in intelligence. This would allow all three to expand to all corners of the globe, with fire allowing even the almost inhospitable cold regions to be colonised in some form. At around the same time, the homonoid ancestors of the hobbits made their way to the islands of eastern Huang-Wei, and here they would evolve to eventually take their modern shape.
This proved to be crucial, as around some 100,000 years ago, a major catastrophe lead to a rise in sea levels, with a large number of humanoid groups being wiped out in what is often called a bottleneck event. By this time, the hobbits, humans and giants had begun to emerge to roughly their modern forms - if slightly hairer - and a rise in sea levels cut off the three from each other after the catastrophe. The giants mainly inhabited the continent of Hinujsa, isolated from the rest of the world by an ocean on both sides - the land link between it and Mathulius sunk under waves. The Hobbits, who inhabited the eastern islands of Huang-Wei, due to their small size managed to survive as their energy requirements were smaller than those of their counterparts, while the humans were only saved due to their previously large numbers.
However, the three remaining species would recover and grow and around 15,000 years ago, the first civilisations began to arise - the giants laying claim to the first ever civilisation on the planet with the founding of the city-state of Vos.
- 2013: no warp ships cri