- November 6: Republican Candidate Abraham Lincoln is elected President of the United States.
- December 20: South Carolina secedes from the Union.
- January 9: Mississippi secedes from the Union.
- January 10: Florida secedes from the Union.
- January 11: Alabama secedes from the Union.
- January 19: Georgia secedes from the Union.
- January 26: Louisiana secedes from the Union.
- February 1: Texas secedes from the Union.
- February 8: The Confederate States of America is formed.
- February 18: Jefferson Davis is inaugurated as President of the Confederate States.
- March 2: Texas joins the Confederacy.
- March 4: Abraham Lincoln is inaugurated as the 16th President of the United States.
- April 12: Fort Sumter is attacked by Confederate forces, the American Civil War begins.
- November 8: President Lincoln is reelected President of the United States.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.