Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Charles Dickinson kills Andrew Jackson in a duel
- The Lewis and Clark Expedition ends when it arrives in St. Louis
- The U.S. bans the transatlantic slave trade
- The first American steamboat successfully leaves New York Harbor
- The U.S. passes the Embargo Act
- In the Election of 1808, James Madison defeats Charles C. Pinckney.
- The Republic of West Florida declares independence from Spain and is annexed by the US
- William Henry Harrison wins the Battle of Tippecanoe.
- The United States declares war on the United Kingdom
- British troops fend off an invasion of Canada, whie the british make minor gains into the US.
- James Madison gets re-elected.
- Both sides make some gains in the war
- British invade through the Chesapeake Bay. Both sides make gains.
- The Treaty of Ghent ends the War of 1812.
- An invading British force defeats the Americans, led by John Coffee, at the Battle of New Orleans.
- The Americans, now led by William Carroll, defeat the British at the Battle of Mobile, and learn just three days later that the war has ended.
- James Monroe defeats Rufus King in the Election of 1812.
- The Second Bank of the US gains a charter.
- The Seminole War begins, with the Americans led by William Carroll.
- The Supreme Court rules that the Second Bank of the US is constitutional
- The Adams-Onis treaty grant the US Florida in exchange for settling its boundary with New Spain.
- The Panic of 1819 occurs.
- The Missouri Compromise is enacted
- James Madison is re-elected, nearly unopposed.
- James Monroe delivers a speech which outlines the Monroe Doctrine.
- In the Election of 1824, John Quincy Adams, Henry Clay, John C. Calhoun, and William Crawford all run for President. No person receives a majority, but John Quincy Adams makes a deal with Clay, and Adams is voted President, with Nathaniel Macon as his Vice President.
- The Erie Canal is opened, while Adams focuses on internal improvements in order to make the economy better
- Several treaties are signed with tribes to gain land