Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| The following Giolittian Era page is under construction.
Please do not edit or alter this article in any way while this template is active. All unauthorized edits may be reverted on the admin's discretion. Propose any changes to the talk page.
On this page all Giolittian Era events are listed chronologically and in detail.
- The Gentiloni pact is not signed. Without the pact several political parties do not form, leading to a different outcome of the Italian general election in October (second round in November).
- The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand still occurs undistinguishably similar to OTL, causing the July Crisis and subsequently the start of the Great War in Europe, which latter spread to the rest of the world, causing the first global war.
- The war carries on similarly to OTL, with little to no changes. Italy maintains its neutrality by claiming that it due to the nature of the war, it has no reason to abide to the Triple Alliance's terms.
- The Great War carries on, while Italy still maintains neutrality, this time with more determination than in OTL.
- The Treaty of London is not signed by Giovani Giolitti, who still maintains a no-intervention stance. This causes internal affairs in the Italian political scene.
- Without the Italian front, both Germany and Austria-Hungary are able to hold other fronts more easily.
- The Russian Revolutions occur, forcing Russia to lose the foothold on its fronts, slowly causing it to retreat.
- Russia signs an armistice with Germany and the Ottoman Empire, although Odessa is still occupied by Central Power troops.
- Finland declares independence from Russia.
- The Zimmerman telegram is not sent, due to Germany's success making the government believe it wouldn't need Mexico at all.
- Because of the previous event, the United States does not issue a declaration of war to the German Empire until August.
- The Allied forces carry on their battles empowered by U.S. reinforcement, however this does not bring a victory in the Western Front. Instead a stalemate happens, with the border being on Verdun.
- The Western front remains silent with the ocassional trench warfare continuing, while the Austro-Hungarian forces win battle after battle against Serbia after the other two thirds of the Imperial forces arrived.
- During a ceasefire around Christmas, the Western front began discussing a peace treaty.
- On the other fronts, Austria-Hungary was winning and ocuppied most of Serbian pivotal regions. Nonetheless, the exhaustion made even them consider a peace.
- The Ottomans were however losing even though an armistice was signed with Russia, the Empire began to decay causing internal issues.
- Greece was due to Austro-Hungarian victory in Serbia forced to retreat to its lands and focused on attacking the Ottoman Empire.
- With most fronts declaring ceasefire, the Central Powers and the Entente agreed to sign peace, although not after secretly agreeing to sacrifice some countries on each side as scapegoats.
- Peace negotiations began among the leaders of each coalition
- The Treaty of Versailles is set up, ensuring peace in Europe and most of the world.