Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| The following page is under construction.
Please do not edit or alter this article in any way while this template is active. All unauthorized edits may be reverted on the admin's discretion. Propose any changes to the talk page.
This is the timeline for Franz's World.
- June 28, 1914: Archduke Franz Ferdinand survives an assassination attempt while visiting Sarajevo. Precipitates the July Crisis.
- March 8, 1916: Mexican revolutionary general Francisco "Pancho" Villa raided Columbus, New Mexico killing 17 people. Act starts the Second Mexican-American War.
- July 22, 1916: A bombing during a parade in California is blamed on two Mexican immigrants who are quickly tried and executed. Act causes discrimination against Mexicans across the United States of America.
- November 21, 1916: Franz Joseph I of Austria dies. Franz Ferdinand succeeds him as Emperor of Austria-Hungary.
- January 30, 1917: General John J. Pershing captured Mexico City.
- February 5, 1917: The Mexican government surrenders unconditionally to the United States of America.
- Hungarians declare independence from Austria after Emperor Franz Ferdinand refuses to back down from creating his planned "United States of Greater Austria, starting the Third Balkan War.
- German military releases a report to Kaiser Wilhelm II and other government officials which states that Russia has advanced enough that it would be impossible for Germany to defeat them if it came to war. The report recommends better relations with Great Britain to offset the power of the Entente.
- April 25, 1918: Pancho Villa is shot by an American soldier.
- December 14, 1918: President Wilson announces the creation of the Commonwealth of Mexico.
- Hungarian communists under Bela Kun form the Soviet Republic of Hungary.
- Greece joins the Third Balkan War on the side of the United States of Greater Austria.
- May 3, 1919: Budapest fell to Austrian forces.
- November: Treaty of Sofia ends the Third Balkan War. Serbia cedes Macedonia to Greece.
- The last organized resistance in the Commonwealth of Mexico is crushed by the United States of America.
- Occupation of Hungary ends, becomes a full member of the United States of Greater Austria.
- The Philippines and Puerto Rico are granted Commonwealth governments.
- Haiti becomes a Commonwealth of the United States of America.
- The Dominican Republic becomes a Commonwealth of the United States of America.
- Emperor Franz Ferdinand of the United States of Greater Austria dies. Otto I succeeds him.
- Honduras becomes a Commonwealth of the United States of America.
- Nicaragua becomes a Commonwealth of the United States of America.
- Cuba becomes a Commonwealth of the United States of America.
- The Statute of Westminster establishes the Imperial Federation of Britain.
- The USS Akron is launched. It is the world’s first flying aircraft carrier.
- The Neo-Boxer revolt in China leads to intervention by the world powers. At the Berlin Conference it is suggested that China should be once and for all partitioned, however this is blocked by the United States of America. Instead China is divided into economic zones controlled by the various world powers. Meanwhile, a weak provisional government is installed in China.
- The Pan-American Union is founded.
- German physicist Albert Einstein informs Kaiser Wilhelm II and the German government about the possibility of nuclear power being used to create a bomb.
- The USS Macon is launched. It is the second flying aircraft carrier ever built. Other nations are now constructing their own flying aircraft carriers.
- Russian aviator and inventor Igor Sikorsky, showcases the world's first working helicopter to the Russian military. Though impressed by the novelty of the aircraft, they are still unwilling to divert to much funding from airships.
- The Japanese produce the Ohka, the world’s first rocket plane.
- A major revolt begins in the Philippines against the United States of America's Commonwealth government. Pan-Asianism ideologues from Japan are responsible for the revolt.
- Germany announces to the world that they have constructed a "nuclear" bomb with the power to destroy an entire city. Images of the test explosion are soon seen around the world. A nuclear arms race has begun among the world powers.
- Meanwhile the German scientists Albert Einstein, Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn and Werner Heisenberg are hailed by Kaiser Wilhelm III as national heroes.
- The United States of America explodes their first atomic bomb.
- The Imperial Federation of Britain takes over the administration of the Suez Canal after Egypt threatens to nationalize it.
- The United States of Greater Austria explodes its own atomic bomb, becoming the next member of the nuclear club.
- The Imperial Parliament of Britain approves the creation of the Union of Palestine, fearing that to allow them to vote on their independence would lead to a religious civil war between Zionist Jews and fundamentalist Muslims. Jerusalem, however, is put under the direct control of the IFB.
- After more then a decade in fighting the United States of America allows an internationally sponsored referendum take place in the Philippines to decide the fate of the state. The people vote for independence.
- Cyprus is transferred to the control of Greece, except for the British military bases at Akrotiri and Dhekelia.
- The Imperial Federation of Britain explodes their first atomic bomb in the Australian Outback.
- Pro-independence protests in Cuba escelate into all out rebellion against the United States of America. Similar rebellions take place in the other Commonwealths all the way into the 1970s.
- France explodes their first atomic bomb.
- Russia announces that the "Alaska Purchase" was illegal and that the Russian government only meant for the United States of America to "rent" the territory for 99 years. Russia now demands Alaska back, but the United States refuses.
- Japan explodes their first atomic bomb.
- The United States introduces the Goblin, the first jet aircraft launched from a flying aircraft carrier.
- Richard Nixon (Republican) is elected president of the United States of America. Immediately pushes through several reforms to the Commonwealth system in hopes of ending revolts in the Latin Commonwealths.
- President Nixon wins his second term as President of the United States of America.
- Toyohiro Kodaira of Japan becomes the first human to reach space when he piloted his "space plane" into Earth orbit. This accomplishment spurs the other powers to better fund their own space programs.
- President Nixon wins his third term as President of the United States of America.
- President Nixon resigns as President of the United States of America amid allegations of corruption.
- The controversial Second Statute of Westminster abolishes the special status granted to Great Britain in the Imperial Federation of Britain, making the country an equal member of the union.
- Singer and civil rights activist Michael Jackson is shot, touching off race riots in several American cities.
- The United States of America's Congress passes the Civil Rights Act of 1988.
- Ted Kennedy (Socialist) is elected President of the United States of America.
- Serbia and Montenegro unite to form the new nation of Balkania, thanks to the efforts of President Adem Demaçi of Serbia.
- Russia finally gives in to ethnic pressue and creates the autonomous "Grand Duchies" of Poland, Finland, Courland and Ukraine.
- Otto I abdicates from the throne of the United States of Greater Austria, giving it to his son Karl.