Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| The following page is under construction.
Please do not edit or alter this article in any way while this template is active. All unauthorized edits may be reverted on the admin's discretion. Propose any changes to the talk page.
A timeline of events for the For Want of Bad Weather timeline.
The Great War
- 1740 -
- December - Frederick II begins his invasion of Silesia. He is however killed when his horse trips on muddy grass, causing Frederick to be thrown off to his death. Realizing it's too late to back down, Prussia instead puts Leopold II in charge.
- January - France, an ally of Prussia and realizing their struggle (considering the new leader as well as a child on the Prussian throne) and declares war on Austria.
- February - Great Britain gives aid the Austrians.
- April - France and Prussia face several losses in battle against the Austrians and British. Realizing the war will only get worse, the Prussians surrender. Britain stays allied to Austria, believing that the nation could balance power in Europe by putting up a fight against France. France and Prussia stay allies and France sends help to regain order in the battered nation.
- (more to come)
Late 18th century
- (more to come)
- 1778 - James Cook lands on Nootka Sound. He later returns to Great Britain to deliver the news, and interest grows on the area.
- 1789 - The French Revolution takes place. (events TBD)
- 1799 - The Russian-American Company is founded, and settlements begin to grow in Alyeska.
- 1806 - The North West Company successfully claims Upper Country.
- 18XX - The Thirteen Colonies unite revolt for a variety of reasons and later become the United States of America.
- 1816 - The United Kingdom names the OTL Oregon area "New Caledonia", an official new crown colony. Thousands of troops in Rupert's Land as well as Great Britain are sent to increase the population.
- 1821 - Mexico gains independence from Spain. The near-bankrupt country influences settlements from the other North American countries (New Caledonia, Canada and the United States).
- 1823 - The Federal Republic of Central America gains independence from Mexico. The nation later remains united as to not be taken over by Mexico or Gran Colombia.
- 1836 - The Texas Revolution takes place, however it ends in a Mexican victory from lack of immigrant settlers.
- 1851 - The New Caledonia boundary dispute takes place.
- 1853-56 - The Crimean War take place. After resolving disputes in the Holy Land, the French (as well as the Italains) ally the Russians in the war. The Russians and French ultimately gain access to the Dardanelles and Bosphorus.
- 1873 - The Russians open up relations with Japan after over 2 centuries, for both trade and to have an easier time expanding into Manchuria (and originally Korea).
- 1914 - Archduke Ferdinand of Austria is assassinated by Bosnian Serbs. Austria, not wanting to get involved in a war with the Great Alliance, the Austrians make an ultimatum for Serbia that the Alliance sympathizes with. The Serbians, however, do not reply in the time given, and a war is declared anyway. The war quickly ends with Austrian surrender, successfully ending the July Crisis (and avoiding a world war).