Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Timeline covers the important events in the Common European Home TL.
- 19th: Mikhail Gorbachev wins the Russian presidential election.
- 20th: Gorbachev declares his four year plan to bring the Russian economy back on track. It will require aid from the EU or the USA to pull it off however.
- 1st: The United States Congress turns down Gorbachev's request for aid.
- 15th: The Council of Europe approves a multi-billion pound aid deal to help out the ailing Russian economy.
- 30th: Gorbachev travels to the USA to speak about the Russian Federations relations with the USA. He also makes a speech to the Congress in which he asks them to reconsider their response to his aid request.
- 4th: Returning to Europe Gorbachev officially puts forward Russia's request to join the European Union alongside Ukraine and Belarus.
- 10th: The first parts of the EU's aid deal to Russia arrive.
- 20th: Gorbachev unveils another part of Russia's economic reform plan. Eastern European states will be able to have all their former USSR equipment repaired by Russia for an annual fee. In addition to this they can pay extra to have Russian forces stationed in their country for protection. One of the first states to take Russia up on the offer is Serbia.
- 1st: GDP figures released by the Russian Treasury indicate that Russia's GDP is again growing due to the influx of aid from the EU and the growth of the industrial sector following Gorbachev's offer to the Eastern European states.
- 25th: On a Christmas Day speech Gorbachev promises a new era for Russia. He says that although Russia cannot take on the USA any more her allies in Europe will help create a common home for Russians and Europeans alike.
- 6th: Gorbachev travels to New Delhi to sign a mutual pact of agreement with Indian President Shankar Dayal Sharma. The agreement focuses on military matters with Russia agreeing to provide India with technological advice at a reduced cost.
- 19th: Gorbachev announces that the Russian Federation will have a man on the moon by the end of 2002. He suggests that it should be a joint project with the European Space Agency. A modified version of the Soyuz transit modular will be used with an upgraded Ariane 5 rocket. He also challenges the USA to have a man on the moon in the same time scale,
- 5th: Gorbachev announces that any nation/company wishing to launch satellites will be able to pay to use a modified Soyuz rocket.
- 24th; The Authority for Space Operations in the former USSR (ASOU) is set up by the Ukrainian, Russian and Belarus governments.
- 30th: The second part of the EU's aid package arrives in Russia.
- 17th: The oil and gas industry is re-nationalised.
- 30th: Gorbachev travels to southern Russia to speak with separatists.
- 7th: ASOU announces that it will attempt to use the habitation modules of the Mir as part of a new joint ASOU/ESA station on the Moon.
- 17th: GDP figures announced by the Russian Treasury suggest that Russia will make a full recovery by the end of the century. The EU welcomed the news as it will allow the EU's loan to be re payed earlier. The European Parliament also votes on Russia, Belarus and Ukraine's applications to the EU, with backing from Germany and France both Ukraine and the Russian Federation's applications are approved although Belarus had its application refused.