Timeline: Cold War Continues and is Cancelled in 2001 (Still in Progress. Help will be very welcome)
- '"11th March:"' Mikhail Gorbachev becomes General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- '"August 2nd:"' Iraq invades Kuwait after intense disputes that had been going on after the Iran-Iraq War. This meets with condemnation from the NATO and Warsaw Pact powers. United Nations Security Council Resolution 660 is passed, condemning Saddam Hussein's invasion.
- '" August 3rd:"' Meanwhile, President George H. W Bush meets NATO and Warsaw Pact leaders.
- '" August 4th:"' Kuwait is annexed by Iraq, after 2 days of fighting.
- '" August 7th:"' The First US troops landed in Saudi Arabia, after arranging a deal with the Kingdom.
- '" August 8th:"' Gorbachev also condemns Iraq's invasion of Kuwait and meets Bush.
- '" August 13th:"' Gorbachev withdraws military advisors from Iraq, bans trade on Iraq and issues a referendum to whenever the Soviet Union should join in with the coalition. About 61% agreed with military action while the rest disagreed. Elsewhere, in the Warsaw Pact, Communist leaders also announce their support for the coalition.
- '"September 11th:"' the Twin Towers fall after being destroyed by 2 hijacked airliners. A 3 one crashes into the Pentagon and the 4 crashes just short of it's target.
- '"October 7th 2001:"' as part of a joint operation between NATO and the Warsaw Pact, they invade Taliban held Afghanistan from bases in the Uzbek Soviet Socialist Republic. Also, aircraft carriers launch aircraft to strike at targets across Afghanistan and Coalition Special Forces attack Taliban targets and their leadership
- '"October 21st 2001:"' Kabul falls to the Soviet Army.
- '"October 26th 2001:"' The British 2nd Battalion, the Parachute Regiment, the American 101st Airborne and the Soviet 76th Guards Airborne Division launch an airborne assault on Kandahar, as so, to secure a base for other NATO soldiers to come into the Southern parts of Afghanistan.
- '"November 2nd 2001:"' Al-Qaeda leader, Osama Bin-Laden and the Taliban are driven out of Eastern Afghanistan. They flee to the South West of Afghanistan.
- '"November 13th 2001:"' Special Forces operators of the SAS, US Army Special Forces and the Spetsnaz GRU and other NATO countries close in on Bin-Laden's hideout.
- January 20th 2009: Hilary Clinton becomes the 44th President of the United States of America and the first woman to hold the post.