| The following Carpe Diem page is under construction.
Please do not edit or alter this article in any way while this template is active. All unauthorized edits may be reverted on the admin's discretion. Propose any changes to the talk page.
A detailed timeline of Carpe Diem.
- November 5 — Vice President Hubert Humphrey (D-MN) is elected President of the United States, defeating former Vice President Richard Nixon (R-NY) and Governor George Wallace AI-AL.
- March 27 — The Treaty of Ramciel is signed between Ethiopia, South Sudan and Sudan, ending the Sudanese Civil War.
- November 5 — President Hubert Humphrey (D-MN) is reelected President of the United States, defeating Governor Ronald Reagan (R-CA).
- July 12 — In an address to the nation, President Hubert Humphrey reveals that he is suffering from terminal bladder cancer and announces his intention to resign at the end of the month to ensure a smooth transition of power.
- July 22 —
- July 15 — The Democratic National Convention nominate President Lloyd Bentsen and Vice President Sam Yorty for reelection.