The timeline for The Toon Boom is broken into several sections.
- Timeline (The Toon Boom to 1941)
- Timeline (1942 to 1950)
- Timeline (1951 to 1966)
- Timeline (1967 to 1989)
- Timeline (1990 to 2001)
- Timeline (2002 to Today)
- October 2 - Cartoon Network airs for the first time. The Channel is the first one just showing animation with many following in it's foot steps.
- November 22 - Disney and Pixar release Toy Story, It is about Andy toys Woody and Buzz Lightyear. It was a huge successs prompting a rise of CGI animated movies in the late 1990's and early 2000's.
- November 24 - Disney and Pixar release Toy Story 2, It is about Woody finding out that he is part of a old show form the 1950's. It was a big success.
- August 6 - Disney and Pixar release Planet 86, It is about a young ailen named Luxo who go's on a big adventure in the galaxy. It was a good success.
- May 18 - Shrek is released and is a big success for Dreamworks and prompted other studios to make CGI Shrek inspired films in the early-mid 2000's and a lot of them were failures but there were some success.