Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- June 28 Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, heir to the Austo-Hungarian throne, and his wife, Sophie, in Sarajevo, Bosnia by Serbian nationalists.
- July 23 Austrian ultimatum is delivered to Serbia, who rejects key points and orders mobilization.
- July 28 Austria-Hungary declares war on Serbia. Russia mobilizes.
- August 1 Germany declares war on Russia. Italy declares neutrality.
- August 3 Germany declares war on France and invades Belgium, violating its neutrality.
- August 4 Britain declares war on Germany.
- August 5 Montenegro declares war on Austria-Hungary.
- August 6 Austria-Hungary declares war on Russia. Serbia declares war on Germany.
- August 7 British Expeditionary Force (BEF) arrives in France.
- August 11 France declares war on Austria-Hungary.
- August 12 Britain declares war on Austria-Hungary.
- August 14-19 Austro-Hungarian 2nd and 5th armies defeat the Serbian 1st, 2nd and 3rd armies at the Battle of Cer. Austrian forces capture and occupy Belgrade.
- August 17-September 2 Russian campaign in East Prussia, defeated by Germans at Tannenberg and driven out of East Prussia.
- August 24-October 31 Galician campaign, Russian Eight Army driven out of the Bukovina. Austrian armies invade Russia, Third Army reaches Kowel.
- August 26 British and French forces invade German Togoland, the colonial war begins.
- September 5-12 First Battle of the Marne, German advance on Paris is halted, stalemate on the Western Front begins.
- September 8 Austrian Sixth Army captures Utzhitse in Serbia, Serbian armies in headlong retreat.
- September 13 Battle of Aisne results in a draw, Race to the Sea begins in France.
- September 29-31 Battle of Warsaw, Germans defeat Russians.
- October 19-November 22 First Battle of Ypres halts Race to the Sea, Germans are denied the capture of Calais and Dunkirk.
- November 1 Russia declares war on the Ottoman Empire.
- November 6 Austrians capture Prichtina and Nish in Serbia. Serbian armies flee through Montenegro.
- November 11-December 6 Austrian First Army is forced to stop its advance at Brest-Litovsk in order to support the German Eigth Army in its defense of Allenstein by attacking the Russian Second Army.
- December 29-January 2, 1915 Russian victory over the Ottomans at the Battle of Sarikamis, Caucasia.