Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
THE RUSSIAN EMPIRE
Russia's capital is St Petersburg, from which the Romanov Dynasty still rules. The current Tsar is Peter V.
In Russia, the balance of power is further towards the monarch. There is an elected parliament, the Imperial Duma, but the Tsar is the final authority. As with the British Empire, since WWII the Russian Empire has changed from one being ruled for Russia alone into one being ruled for the Empire as a whole. As part of this, each region of the Russian Empire has a local government which rules on local affairs, with a governor who rules for the Tsar, not dissimilar to the Union governments of the British Empire.
Russia's political parties, who meet in the Imperial Duma, are as follows:
- The Old Nobility; the Boyars; the party of landowners, they tend to be conservative; they blur with the New Nobility.
- The New Nobility; those elevated from the Table of Ranks; they have similar views to the Old Nobility, but tend to be more progressive than them; they blur with the Old Nobility.
- The Industrial Progress Party; industrialists, whose policies tend to put money and industry over people.
- The Peasant's Party; organised trade unionism, who want the best for Russia's workers.
- The Church Socialist's Party; they wish to make society more egalitarian, and eliminate poverty.
- The Military and Veterans; for a strong Russia and a strong military. They tend to be conservative, and sometimes even reactionary.
Many of the members of the New Nobility and Industrial Progress parties have strong links to the Imperial Academy of Sciences, the organisation which co-ordinates many of Russia's official scientific research programmes.
The Russian flag is the traditional white, blue and red tricolour with the Russian double-headed eagle overlaid on it.