Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There were several reasons The Great War started, one being the various alliances. These guaranteed that if two countries have a war than the whole world would get involved.
When the Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated, it started the chain reaction that caused The Great War.
- Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia.
- Russia was allied with Serbia, leading to a declaration of war on Austria-Hungary.
- Germany saw Russia mobilizing, and declared war on Russia, for Austria-Hungary.
- France was allied to Russia so they attacked Germany and Austria-Hungary.
- Germany then attacked France pulling Britain into the war.
- Then Japan entered the war because of there alliance to Britain.