Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
At the end of World War Two, Two Superpowers emerged. The USSR and the USA. A fragile peace was quickly destroyed with the refusal of the USSR to give up East Germany. In our timeline both countries became sworn enemies, this encouraged the mass innovation by the US leading to the culture of the 1950s.
Russia gives back East Germany in 1948 as planned and continues its place in the Allied Control Central and took part in the US-backed "Marshall Plan" a financial funding in Europe.
Tension leading to the Cold war never amounts, Joseph Stalin dies in Moscow due to a Stroke in 1951, two years before our timeline but with the same cause. His successor was his own daughter Svetlana Alliluyeva who became very involved in politics in an attempt to change Russia instead of fleeing it as she did in our Timeline.
Svetlana still despised her father although was still not thrown off by the idea of Communism itself, in an attempt to expand the economic and cultural influence of Russia, the borders of the USSR were opened and many social reforms took place, many social policies reverting back to the reign of Lenin such as his liberal stance on subjects such as homosexuality.
All this eventually leads to a much more open Russia and a less extreme view of Communism worldwide, with the who McCarthyism aspect of the US and general fear of Communism that plunged 1950s America into a decade of Conservatism and deep Religiosity. Due to there not being a fear of Communism or Atheism many religious and Capitalist policies and public view on the subjects do not exist
- The US does experience the effects of the post-WWII economic boom but not to the same extent due to the fact the US is not as Capitalistic in this timeline. Instead more money is invested in Public Services. The US is still a Superpower but nowhere near its stance of 20th century in our timeline.
- Healthcare is much better in the US, the Mental health reform of th 1950s through 70s happens much earlier and faster, possibly having a severely more humane system by 1964.
- The less conservative US compared to OTL means social equality is achieved more quickly, the social revolution of the min 60s begins in 1954, and the effects are strong with women and mn achieving equal work rights and wages by 1973. The Black rights movement saw the removal of Jim Crow laws in 1959-1961 across the south. Martin Luther starts his revolution in 1956 as he sees the public loosening up to the idea of Black rights.
- Programmes that lead to the invention of the internet are postponed due to the lack of military threats until 1967 when the failed 1967 Iran revolt sparks military panic across the world.
- Communism is much more popular in Europe than in OTL. Finland, [A United] Germany, Most East European States, Spain and Austria are all Communist. France, UK, Belgium and the Netherlands are much more Socialist in this timeline.
Rest of the World
- Iran's revolution fails and the country is lead by a more Liberal Secular Constitutional Monarchy as the absolute Monarchy comes to an en in 1971.