The Texcoco Pact is a proposed trade agreement between the Mexica Alliance and the Mayapan League. The pact was created in 1463.
- Neither city in the Mexica Alliance or the Mayapan League may place a tariff higher than 2% on goods.
- Both the Mexica Alliance and the Mayapan League agree not to engage in active combat or come to the support of a nation at war with either signatory. In the event one nation engages in combat, or supports one who is engaging in combat, with the other signatory, the pact is null and void.
- Both nations must recognize and respect the soverginity of the other.
- Roads, funded by both paries, will be built connecting cities between the Mayapan and the Mexica.
- Both nations are responsible for the protection of the others cargo within their borders.
Post suggested changes to the above pact terms here.
I just want to point out something I find odd hear. This seems to be a political, if not military alliance between these two states. Now not that I'm against such alliances, but I find it very strange. As far as Mesoamerican knowledge is at this point, these two states are the only regional powers in the known universe. Why would they want to ally, or rather, who would they be allied against? There is no possible foe in the universe except each other. Oh, I didn't mean to push that button! † Oh, well leave a message I guess 22:44, September 18, 2016 (UTC)
I didn't really consider it as allied against someone else, just that they reaffirm that they won't destroy each other. I do see how that could be perceived as strange though. There are other peoples around (technically) that we could be allied against, making sure trade goes well, but just making sure that, since we are the only two powers in the known universe (haha), it makes sense that we don't have to worry about war with each other when there is so much else we could do. Cour *talk* 22:52, September 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Emperor Axicyotzin I, High priest under Huitzilpochtli, Great Tlatoan of Tenochtitlan and the Mexica Alliance - Toby2: THEY CALL ME Mr. Awesome!!! 17:48, September 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Emperor Atlahua of Mayapan - Cour *talk* 00:16, September 20, 2016 (UTC)