Texas. After seceding from Mexico, Sam Houston has an early heart attack. Instead of him becoming president, a George Rosen does. Rosen manages to get Texas out of debt and to build a good, solid army. All looks like it's going well until Mexico invades ...
- December 1845: Texas is independent from Mexico.
- January 1846: Sam Houston dies of a heart attack.
- February 1846: The Constitution of Texas is ratified, with changes from our history. The term of the president is expanded to 10 years and can only be elected twice.
- June 1846: George Rosen wins the Election.
- July 1846: The Rosen Plan goes in effect, and within a few weeks the Debt is paid off.
- December 1846: Texas develops its Armed Forces.
- March 1847: The Invasion of Texas has Mexican forces nearly destroyed. They tried to invade but failed. This leads Texas to invade Northern Mexico and taking it.
- April 1847: Mexico-Texan War. The U.S. sides with Texas and sends aid.
- July 1847: Mexico surrenders all of its lands but Mexico City and nearby farms. U.S. only gets California and a lot of money along with an alliance with Texas, called the Alliance of U.S. and Texas.
- November 1847: Texas renamed to the Republic of Texas.
To be continued ... Texas Domination