Fandom

Alternate History

Televisió de Catalunya (1776: The United Commonwealth of America)

40,506pages on
this wiki
Add New Page
Talk0 Share

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

Televisió de Catalunya
Type Broadcast television
Country Catalonia
Availability Catalonia
Balearic Islands
Andorra, Northern Catalonia, La Franja and Alghero
Internationally by satellite.
Founded 1983
Slogan La teva.
(Yours.)
Owner Corporació Catalana de Ràdio i Televisió
Key people Mònica Terribas, Director
Launch date September 1983
Official website www.ccma.cat/tv3/

Televisió de Catalunya, known by the acronym TVC, is the public broadcasting network of Catalonia.

It is part of the Corporació Catalana de Ràdio i Televisió, a public corporation created by the Govern de Catalunya by a Founding Act in 1983. Slightly more than half of its revenue (52%) comes from public funding through the Govern de Catalunya, while the remaining 48% is raised through advertising, sponsorship and merchandise and original productions' sales. It is officially composed by six channels: TV3, TV3 HD, 33/Super3, 3/24, Esport 3 and TV3CAT.

While the main language of all these channels is Catalan, Spanish is usually neither sub-titled nor dubbed, as it is generally accepted that all Catalan speakers are by default also Spanish speakers. Some programmes such as Polònia and APM use Spanish extensively, largely for effect. In the Aran Valley, there are programs in Aranese.

TVC headquarters are located in Sant Joan Despí, near Barcelona.

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki